Inside Aberthaw Power Station 1-10

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to secure access to the inside of Aberthaw Power Station. Now she's all switched off and the process of changing the space from coal powered to greener cleaner energy has started. I know someone who acted as a fixer and was able to help me get access on a guided tour of the space. CCR Energy now own the site and were extremely helpful in the production of helping me with this ongoing project. As well as the images taken from the outside looking in, as well as these, the project will finish with photographing the staff past and present with listening and retelling their stories, taking their portrait and also using their historic images also.

All images are with the K1ii and the D FA 24-70mm

Aberthaw Power Station by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Just out of interest, what is the cleaner energy source they are going to use?

I've recently watched four of the eight chimneys come down at Fiddlers Ferry, as we were told it wasn't viable to convert.
The usual answer for us, is another humungous housing estate!!!

ps. As I work in industry I particularly like the pics.

Thanks!

I don't know what the cleaner energy will look like but this is from their website:

When I was there, the asbestos removal team were hard at it, as were the demolition teams so I'm guessing its all or nearly all going. Demolition won't be for several years I overheard.

Back