Internet security

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All, Been using AVG for a few years now with decent results, however there prices are getting silly. So i wonder what others are using, Norton etc. Checked in this website, Internet security. Anyone using any of these and how they perform ?

I use a Mac, and a MacBook, but I use Bitdefender for my own peace of mind if you know what I mean?
I don't like the idea of no anti-virus or web protection at all.

I use Norton on our Windows PCs, no issues. You can usually get a discount from the likes of Amazon.

Like others I don't use anything on my Mac's, but I was using Cast on my Windows machines; however they tried to charge me £89 to renew for a year, and I stopped that. I appreciate that they need to develop the software and maintain their database up to date, but it seemed a lot to pay. So I'm still mulling over what to do next.

Avast's free AV for me.

I use ESET Internet Security and have been for a few years now.

In the past Norton which I would never touch with the proverbial bargepole. Kaspersky until they did not support W2K.

Just bought a 2 year subscription to Malwarebytes for £45 after it removed a virus that neither Win Defender or Avast would

I'm using Bitdefender, have done for the past few years, covers my Mac and the Win box, and would cover phone and iPad as well if I could be bovvered!

Just Windows built in software. Works fine, and I've never had any trouble.

Nothing on my Mac, and Windows Defender on my work laptop. It had a bad reputation for a while, but it's been really good for years now.

Bitdefender.

Covers my mum's laptop in Scotland; my son's laptop in the Netherlands and my brother's PC in Canada as well as my wife's laptop (she's in the USA right now) and our home PC. Aldo have it on our mobile phones. I also have their VPN.

Maybe Defender is good enough these days but I'm happy with Bitdefender so it's a worthwhile investment for me.

I know nothing, but rely on advice from my youngest daughter, who works in cyber security and knows far more than most . . .
She says that nothing is needed and that many of the programmes actually cause problems, and because of this I use nothing on either my PC or apple machines.

I know nothing, but rely on advice from my youngest daughter, who works in cyber security and knows far more than most . . .
She says that nothing is needed and that many of the programmes actually cause problems, and because of this I use nothing on either my PC or apple machines.

I also work in cyber security, and can confirm.

Unless you're visiting some pretty unsavoury corners of the internet, you'll be fine. Windows defender is actually decent, and to be honest most attack vectors rely more on social engineering nowadays, as general software security has increased so much - Why spend time cracking a vault when you can trick the owner into opening it?

Windows defender does the job without fuss, or cost.

All operating systems suffer from zero day exploits and it's pot luck whether any security software will help protect against that, or even potentially be the vector through which an attack is launched, as it typially runs with higher privileges than the user account (because it has to) so if compromised can wreak more damage.

Back