It's been awhile... pics from my personal castle courtyard...

Superb quality set of images Kevin, beautiful creatures.(y)

I take it you are US based? I don't recognise that ant species as being a UK one, and I think we only get one species of assassin bug over here either, which is quite a dull brown colour.

Great selection, very interesting.

I like the ant - and what the hell is that thing in #4 :eek:

It is a spiny assasin bug nymph. It was a small dark moving thing (around 2mm) on my couch, so I transported it out to my back porch and took a few shots of it. The reason I love macro photography so much is actually for that Aha! moment that comes when I can actually see what I took the photos of on my screen. My eyes just don't do it for me any more. I remember my father's astonishment when I was around 5 or 6 that I could hold something within a centimeter or two from my eyes and clearly see all the details. I am now my father... ;)

Superb quality set of images Kevin, beautiful creatures.(y)

Thanks!!

I take it you are US based? I don't recognise that ant species as being a UK one, and I think we only get one species of assassin bug over here either, which is quite a dull brown colour.

Great selection, very interesting.

Yes Timmy, I'm in Richmond, Virginia. East coast based and I've seen quite a variety of assassin bugs just in my own yard. I didn't know what they were until posting one here last year and doing some additional research. One of the things I really love about this place is the diversity of specimens we get to see. What seems normal and mundane to me can be exotic to you and vice versa. The quality of many shots here set a high bar for posting too. It has made me a better photographer as a result... so thanks!

Back