Jessops

They very recently changed affiliate marketing agency from Awin to Partnerize (who I've not heard of), but I've not seen anything else about them.

Camera retailer Jessops has been hit with a winding up petition in the latest setback for the chain owned by Dragons Den star Peter Jones.

Jessops was issued with the winding up demand from HM Revenue & Customs this week, according to court filings, in a dispute said to be centred around unpaid taxes.

Telegraph

I didn't know they were still around!

I used to enjoy nipping into the large Jessops in Birmingham, I brought my first DSLR from there, but that closed around 2020 I think.

Looks like a total lack of on line marketing did not help.

When MPB, Wex and Park rank higher in people's consciousness it just goes to show how far they have fallen...I preferred the 1st iteration before they expanded.

Last time I was in jessops I was chatting to the manager ....he was telling me my Sony a74s are absolutely not good enough for wedding photography (I've been full time 12 years ) and to be a good wedding photographer I needed top of the line Sony gear . I walked out and never returned. They will not be missed by me !

Many years ago, I applied for a job at the local branch. Didn't get it and the person that did had no idea about cameras or photography but was a good salesperson.

Last time I was in jessops I was chatting to the manager ....he was telling me my Sony a74s are absolutely not good enough for wedding photography (I've been full time 12 years ) and to be a good wedding photographer I needed top of the line Sony gear . I walked out and never returned. They will not be missed by me !

Are you sure it was the manager? The former manager of Jessops in Belfast to be fair is now a fairly successful local wedding photographer I believe.

Uses A74'S as well.

TBF I could have have that wrong, but funny if true.

Last edited:
Are you sure it was the manager? The former manager of Jessops in Belfast to be fair is now a fairly successful local wedding photographer I believe.

Uses A74'S as well.

TBF I could have have that wrong, but funny if true.
Manager /supervisor or certainly the guy in charge that day (so I assumed manager ) .

Be very careful if thinking of sending/selling any gear to Camera Jungle, owned by Jessops, I wouldn't be handing stuff over hoping to get paid given the current situation.

Be very careful if thinking of sending/selling any gear to Camera Jungle, owned by Jessops, I wouldn't be handing stuff over hoping to get paid given the current situation.
Last few times I checked Camera Jungle nothing was available!

Back