Jim Beam anyone!

S

stupar

I have recently taken loan of a vivitar 55mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens from fellow TP member "mickledore".
This is my second shot using the lens and was shot at approx 1:2 ratio to get all the text in on the glass which was then back lit with an LED torch.
I am slowly trying to work up the technique to take it outside and try and capture some bugs and stuff.

Anyway thanks for looking!

Jim Beam and coke.......yes please! by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice Idea and tones and quite crispy! (y)
…got any more?

Nice Idea and tones and quite crispy! (y)
…got any more?
In reference to Jim Beam Mr K, i almost have one of every bottle in their current line up.

I just need to order their latest release "double oak" and the line up will be complete :D

Nice image.
Personally I would tone down the yellow on the left side as I feel it draws a bit too much attention.
And I can't imagine why you would choose to use ISO 3200 for this...

Nice image.
Personally I would tone down the yellow on the left side as I feel it draws a bit too much attention.
And I can't imagine why you would choose to use ISO 3200 for this...
I agree about the yellow that it could be pulled back a bit.

ISO 3200 was chosen as i was shooting hand held at f5.6 or more under ambient light and i didnt want to go lower than 1/30th shutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree about the yellow that it could be pulled back a bit.

ISO 3200 was chosen as i was shooting hand held at f5.6 or more under ambient light and i didnt want to go lower than 1/30th shutter.
Ah, when I looked at the exif I read the aperture (f/1) as the SS for some reason... a tripod would be nice (but not much good for live bugs).

Ah, when I looked at the exif I read the aperture (f/1) as the SS for some reason... a tripod would be nice (but not much good for live bugs).
Yeah im trying not to rely on a tripod if i am aiming to venture outdoors.
Yes the EXIF can be confusing for these legacy lenses :D

Back