Just started with ( what I would call) a proper camera.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello.
I am just getting in to using a camera, well a camera that is not just for snap shots.
As long as I can remember, I spend quite a lot of my time outside, fishing mostly.
During these times I have always seen lovely things, now I want to capture them and get a good portfolio for future projects.
Now that retirement is getting closer I want to get more active and adventurous with my activates.
About seven years ago I bought a Nikon D3100 from a family member, which originally was a gift from my wife and I to him.
The day came that he needed help and as a attempt to do so I paid him the money he needed in exchange the camera, he learned a valuable lesson for his future.
Bit like my dad selling our TV set for a penny to his mother, so he could say she paid good money, and that she always paid her own way, and she had nothing.
Now the original owner of the camera, is a pro, and regularly does wedding and commercial photos, it all started with this camera.
Ok the camera, was just the body, nothing else but the dead battery.
I have now done a bit of thinking and purchased a lens, Nikon 18/ 55mm, which I believe was on the camera originally.
Previous to that I did get a Tamron lens 18/200 mm Which I still own.
New batteries and charger, not Nikon but I do have the original Nikon battery which has accepted a charge and appears to be working fine.
A book, light weight tripod, couple of 32 GB Sandisk cards (the original card was a Sandisc 16GB), so an upgrade there, that's it..
Realizing that most of this is old hat now I still think its a good set up and should be a nice adventure for me.
Ok the aim of this is, I want to capture the Dippers and Kingfisher on my river, I want to capture the ring of the rise on the water as the fish feeds on the fly, just take decent pictures and enjoy doing so.
Now I want to post some pics, can some one instruct me how I can do that?
Oldbones

Peacock Butterfly Raemoir.jpg

Honeybee Raemoir.jpg

Last edited:
Now I want to post some pics, can some one instruct me how I can do that?
Oldbones

Hello and welcome.

To post pictures...

Some people use a hosting site from which you get a link which you post here but you can also post pictures direct from your pc. If you want to do the latter look at the little bar of icons which appears when you post something... Between the smiley face and the link icon you'll see the insert image icon which looks like a mountain and if you click on it a box will appear and if you click in it you can then navigate your way to the picture on your pc. The forum has a size limit so make sure your picture complies... No doubt someone will tell you what it is or you can search for the rule. I keep mine less than 500kb and 1,000 pixels on the longest side.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures :D

Hello and welcome.

To post pictures...

Some people use a hosting site from which you get a link which you post here but you can also post pictures direct from your pc. If you want to do the latter look at the little bar of icons which appears when you post something... Between the smiley face and the link icon you'll see the insert image icon which looks like a mountain and if you click on it a box will appear and if you click in it you can then navigate your way to the picture on your pc. The forum has a size limit so make sure your picture complies... No doubt someone will tell you what it is or you can search for the rule. I keep mine less than 500kb and 1,000 pixels on the longest side.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures :D
Thank you and pics posted.

Back