Just tell me to go away! (water drop)

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Sorry, Just another water drop shot I wanted to share :D

3488837527_bf00be0efb_o.jpg

Oh and that's the Moon in the refraction :)

You've caught the timing well and its nice and sharp Steve, I'm struggling with these at the moment my current solenoid wont produce drops fast enough, I think i'm going to have to connect it to the mains water supply to get some pressure to force the water out quicker. :thinking:

Superb shot with absolutely astonishing timing a big (y)

I've played with a few and struggle to get anything as good as those.
Here's my effort.

water8.jpg

Apologies if I'm hijacking, but it should be obvious I need help with capturing the moment.
Currently I use off cam flash and guesswork.

Splog...tell me how to do that or go away ;-)
What kit is needed? a very dark 'room' and a speed flash?
How the flink do you get the focus right?

mind blowing....help me understand, my efforts have sucked...BIG TIME

You've caught the timing well and its nice and sharp Steve, I'm struggling with these at the moment my current solenoid wont produce drops fast enough, I think i'm going to have to connect it to the mains water supply to get some pressure to force the water out quicker. :thinking:

Cheers Paul, don't know if this helps but solenoid valves have a minimum working pressure! you need to make sure it's a bit higher than that, some can work without water pressure.

I've played with a few and struggle to get anything as good as those.
Here's my effort.

Apologies if I'm hijacking, but it should be obvious I need help with capturing the moment.
Currently I use off cam flash and guesswork.

Nothing wrong with that shot (y) Just keep trying :)

Splog...tell me how to do that or go away ;-)
What kit is needed? a very dark 'room' and a speed flash?
How the flink do you get the focus right?

mind blowing....help me understand, my efforts have sucked...BIG TIME

That's pretty much how I do it! but use a timer to activate the flash which is set to it's shortest duration :) and a lot of luck and patience. To hit focus put a small piece of wire, matchstick or something similar where the water will drop and focus on that!

Hope this helps and thanks every one (y) comments appreciated!

Steve

Back