Critique required Kell's 52 4 24 - WK 34 and 35. Cutlery and Snapper's

An excellent take on the theme and very well executed. Thanks for the background information.

Hot. Worked well and certainly fits the theme (twice) .
Info on the setup really appreciated, and good to see how the extra light has brightened the label,
White light for label and backlit bottle with red light- is that editing or actual leds/torches. TIA

Thanks both.

@nog , I have one of those little LED torches that does 4 colours.

Not sure if they still do it, but it's a LED LENSER T'QC

Led-Lenser-T2-QC.jpg

So I lit it with that. You can see my hand holding the torch in some of the thumbnails.

@RyanB, it’s so hot I tend to add it to sauces and things rather than have it on its own, but sometimes I get a bit too much and you can taste the sweetness.

Last edited:
I didn't realise how much work you put into that picture, but it certainly paid off. Thanks for explaining the process, I'll have to borrow those ideas next time I'm feeling creative.

Nicely done. But - I mean - are you REALLY gonna taste that Blueberry? :ROFLMAO:

Week 31: Bridge(s)

Couple for the theme a couple of weeks ago. Wanted to take a 'proper' camera with me, but didn't have room, so iPhone it was.

Quite liked the subtleness of the bridge in the background in the colour version, but in the end went for the B&W of the rather ugly bridge over the Boating Lake by the Baker Street entrance to Regent's Park.

York Bridge, Regent's Park by Kell, on Flickr

Bridge over the Boating lake by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Another vote for the bridge with shadow pattern and nice to see a bit of sun coming in
Thanks for info on the torch

Suggs' less than amazing 1995 release. Camden Town.

I will admit to shooting this before the theme was announced, but only just so I'm keeping it. I was going to wander up and take a picture of the tube sign, but... That was the cover of the single.

Camden Town by Kell, on Flickr

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyaEEYeR7w

Last edited:
Nice link. We were there on Friday :)

Another choice of mine was "Driving In My Car" by Madness - as we were in Muswell Hill a lot where our eldest lives :)

Nice one Kell. I was there a few weeks ago for the first time in years. It has changed so much since my days of the Electric Ballroom! :D

Nice one Kell. I was there a few weeks ago for the first time in years. It has changed so much since my days of the Electric Ballroom! :D

Thanks Helen.

My first ever job when I moved to London was as a ‘shouter’ outside a shop opposite the original market.

When someone offered to stab me for not knowing if they had cords (trousers) inside, I figured it might be time to get another job.

Week 35 - Snappers Choice

Kefalonia.

Was too shy to go up and stand and take a shot, so did this one a little bit sneakily using zone focusing and a fairly narrow aperture of f8.

Sony A7i + Minolta 35-70

Net Working - Poros, Kefalonia by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back