Kestrels

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
No
I spent the morning at Wildlife Photography Hides last Friday photographing kestrels. Im fairly new to wildlife photography so this sort of set up was great for practicing technique (things tend to happen far more slowly with landscape photography!) anyway, feedback welcome, which do you prefer?

squabbling kestrels-1.jpgsquabbling kestrels-2.jpgsquabbling kestrels-3.jpgsquabbling kestrels-4.jpg

All nice, but my order of preference is 4,3,2,1.

The reason there is the head angles of the birds. Number 4 has dynamic wing positions for both as well as a good look at the faces. The left hand bird is angles slightly away but not enough to be a deal breaker.

Compare that to the first 2 where we're struggling to get as good a look at the faces of both birds, who whilst there is good action going on, at leas one bird is hiding away each time. In fact if there was a little more room the second would have been great for a single shot of the left hand bird.

Like I say, they are good shots, but when you're looking to pick your best one, these are the little things that count

Mike

All nice, but my order of preference is 4,3,2,1.

The reason there is the head angles of the birds. Number 4 has dynamic wing positions for both as well as a good look at the faces. The left hand bird is angles slightly away but not enough to be a deal breaker.

Compare that to the first 2 where we're struggling to get as good a look at the faces of both birds, who whilst there is good action going on, at leas one bird is hiding away each time. In fact if there was a little more room the second would have been great for a single shot of the left hand bird.

Like I say, they are good shots, but when you're looking to pick your best one, these are the little things that count

Mike
Useful info, thanks. I do have many more frames so I might revisit as I was mainly looking at wind positions.

Back