Keswick

Lovely

Very nice landscape style capture Mike, well composed with a rather angry looking sky.

Lake District - I always think it's a good idea

The last time we went, June 2022, it rained continuously for the first 4 days and the forecast for the rest of the week was no better so we came home early and back to the sunny south

I should have known, well I always knew, as we lived in Grindleton Nr Clitheroe for a couple of years, near Pendle Hill and the local saying went, "if you can't see Pendle Hill it's raining and if you can see Pendle Hill it's going to rain" - same goes for Derwent Water,

We spent our honeymoon there in July 1973

Lake District - I always think it's a good idea

The last time we went, June 2022, it rained continuously for the first 4 days and the forecast for the rest of the week was no better so we came home early and back to the sunny south

I should have known, well I always knew, as we lived in Grindleton Nr Clitheroe for a couple of years, near Pendle Hill and the local saying went, "if you can't see Pendle Hill it's raining and if you can see Pendle Hill it's going to rain" - same goes for Derwent Water,

We spent our honeymoon there in July 1973
You wouldn't have been worried about the weather in July 1973 :ROFLMAO:

We travelled from Aberdeen down to Suffolk for my other half's neice's wedding.
We were there for a few days in 23° heat.
Decided to stop off at the Lakes on the way back to break our journey as we hadn't visited since before lockdown.
The closer we got, the temperatures dropped by over 10° and it started to rain accompanied by high winds!!
It was still stunning though.
We used to go at least twice a year but I'd always wanted to visit in the winter.
We did that a few years ago and it was incredibly beautiful.
Now I want to see it in the Autumn so perhaps this year or maybe next we'll make the journey across the border again.

That's lovely, I've always known there was a decent photo to be had in Keswick with the rowing boats but I've never managed to quite get the composition right.

Back