Kingfisher in flight - Canon R5 Mark II

Thanks, Mike.

The Canon R5 Mark II pre-capture and auto-focus are a game-changer. No more missed shots.
Looks like it! No way I could get a shot like that on my toy camera…

I saw a review of the R5ii where the high iso noise was described as a disappointment but it seems to be working well enough for you!

Looks like it! No way I could get a shot like that on my toy camera…

I saw a review of the R5ii where the high iso noise was described as a disappointment but it seems to be working well enough for you!
I guess that was Duade's video on YT.

Yes, the noise is very disappointing, and i don't think it's as sharp as the mark 1.

CR3 raw files are not opening correctly in Topaz photo Ai neither, which doesn't help matters.

The pre-capture and auto-focus is fantastic, though.

Now hoping that a firmware update will iron out the creases. If not, I will be in two minds, whether to keep it or not.

I guess that was Duade's video on YT.

Yes, the noise is very disappointing, and i don't think it's as sharp as the mark 1.

CR3 raw files are not opening correctly in Topaz photo Ai neither, which doesn't help matters.

The pre-capture and auto-focus is fantastic, though.

Now hoping that a firmware update will iron out the creases. If not, I will be in two minds, whether to keep it or not.
Yes that's the one I watched... interesting you have had a similar experience. Seems like Canon got a lot right with this one so hopefully they can sort out the flaws. Cheers

Back