Kitchen Print Ideas

Edit My Images
Yes
OK, this is slightly OT, but I've got a 6ft long x 3 ft high space on my kitchen wall above a shelf over the sink that I'd love to put a nice canvas / print of a picture on, preferably one that I've taken or am yet to take.

My question is, what sort of subject works best in kitchens as a piece of art? I work in a food company and macro closeups of fresh fruit and veg with vibrant colours seem to work well, but I have an all white fairly traditional kitchen with beech coloured worktops in an old Victorian-era house with high ceilings and cornicing, so am not completely sure the sleek/funky approach would work (we have cream coloured wood-chip wall paper too!) and I'm worried quite a lot of ideas might just seem out of place.

So I'd really appreciate and welcome any suggestions on subject and also on the actual printing medium (e.g., to combat lots of potential oil and steam and splatter-marks)! Many thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
Random suggestions:

A tryptych rather than one big long picture?
Black & white - stylish and no colour clashes
Frames or an acrylic (easy to wipe down)
A "Last Supper" setup but with members of your family (corny)

or er....

actually I do like the idea of a giant green grasshopper thing! :LOL:

Thanks for that - after ruminating for a while, I did conclude a triptych might be just the ticket...black and white - nice idea...hmmm, a black'n'white kitchen themed triptych...wonder wonder wondering...hmmm, two pints of guiness and a packet of crisps? :beer:

The dimensions also work perfectly for 3 x 3:2 in Portrait!

I still like the Grasshopper though!

Back