Kodak BW400 CN Film

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been using some Ilford XPS C41 process black and white film with great results and following a few links found 7dayshop have some very good film pricing. Then I came across this film! It is vastly cheaper than the price I am paying for the Ilford version.

Has anyone used it? How good is it?

Is 120 film the same as 127 film? I was told by someone that it was but can't see why it would be or it wouldn't have a different name....... Anyway if it is can I just buy the 120 to stick in a Brownie 127? I just want to give it a try :)

Also where does everyone get 120 film developed now?

Yep I have used CN400 and liked it (can't compare to XP2 as have never used it).
However I had mine developed at Jessops and they scan and print all there film stuff in there minilab, but I scanned mine at home and got much better results.

Not sure about 127, I think it is smaller than 120 so you may have a problem getting into the Brownie but not 100% on that.

Getting 120 film, deved I use The Darkroom UK for doing the transparency films I've used and was really please with the service.

Lots of questions there, I'll take a crack at a couple.

I've used the BW400 film quite a lot, never had any problems, if anything I prefer it to the Ilford XP2 for reasons that I find hard to explain!

In terms of processing, I'm not aware of anywhere round Preston, you could try Paul Grahams in Blackburn, or send it away. I've recently used Metro Colour Labs in Birmingham (albeit for 35mm film) and they were very good.

127 is smaller than 120, you can't use it in a 120 camera, I think its only 45mm wide I dunno.
Similarly, you can't put 120 film in a 127 camera.
You can still buy 127, Efke/Mako still make it.

You need that back-up processor for 120.....the lab....online or local :D

or diy

I'm in Preston, but I send my E6, 120 and black and white stuff to Peak as it's good, cheap and fast!

I use 400CN all the time, tis nice stuff... and of course cheap to process at Fulwood ASDA (£2.50 for process and scan to CD).

400CN:

3823431468_f5809f917a.jpg

3820489763_5df4dc6b1c.jpg

Generally, the Kodak film is better for scanning and/or mini-lab prints and the Ilford film is better for traditional printing.

Steve.

Back