Kodak No. 2 Cartridge Hawk-Eye Model B

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all. I have been given a Kodak No. 2 Cartridge Hawk-Eye Model B (one of these basically: clicky ) and all appears to be in fine and dandy working order (not difficult for a cardboard box with a hole in the end). Takes 120 film so I am tempted to put a roll through to see what the results are like. Can anyone recommend a film type that would be a suitable modern equivalent to a roll of Kodak no. 2 film from 80 years ago!? :thinking::D The roll that was in there basically said Kodak and 120 on it but no mention of ISO - presumably you got what you were given in those days. What would it be? ISO 100 or 200 maybe? Ta.

Use ISO 100 (or 125) film in bright daylight or ISO 400 in well lit interiors.

These cameras have a shutter speed around 1/60 and an aperture of about f11. The small aperture allows for a large depth of field which is useful as there is no control for focus.

I suggest a roll of Ilford FP4+ and send it to Ilford for processing and printing.

If you would prefer colour then use something like the new Kodak Ektar 100 and send it to Transpacolor or Peak Imaging for processing and printing.

Steve.

with a fixed aperture of F11 and considering the British weather I would advise 400ASA, unless it's eye-wateringly bright outside :)

Back