KODAK PROFESSIONAL 1400

1 it is no longer available, sorry.

2 Kodak stopped making it well over a year ago

3 It was a sheet feed printer, so it was therefore slower, than a roll feed, and was prone to dust problems.

4 It was not a particularly good printer to be honest with you.

Oh well! lol I must admit, it did look quite pricey per sheet compared with others.

If you are looking a very cheap , toe in the water start up machine, have a look on the second hand market at a HiTi 730, you can probably pick one up for £100 plus. They will do a 6X8" as their top size, very compact, anddon't need a computer.

Not ideal for serious production, as again it is a sheet feed, but like I said it wil give you a low cost start up.

Nice one. I'm not quite decided at the moment as I've just got my inkjet colour management spot on with the third party inks and the quality is excellent so it's going to cost next to nothing for prints now!

Need to weigh this up against a dye sub and using professional printers. The only thing which puts me off the latter is having to wait for the prints and unforeseen delays etc.

Getting the research hat on! lol

If you want to print on site , and on a tight time you are best to go dye sub.

Wouldn't be printing onsite, but I must admit I love the output dye subs give!

I recently got some family photos done using a voucher with Jessops. My God, the quality is terrible! Well, it's ok from a distance but it's like a laser printer!

The prints from Jessops- were thye put through a photo kiosk solution , or a wet lab process?

It's was one of those crewe photobooks. Not sure the process, but I can see the pattern than digital printing usually makes.

Yeah that's pretty much it! Ok then, just how bad is it! lol

I wouldn't want to comment on that , I have not got enough info on it.

The colours are spot on and there's no visible mistakes it just seems to be the resolution. It's not really a problem unless you are looking under very good light and a little closer.

I just found that even my ink jet prints jump out more than these. Maybe flat is the right word to describe it?

Back