Ladder rungs

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Weird question of the week....

I want some ladder rungs that can be screwed into a solid wood wall. Like the picture below but with a screw plate on them. They need to be able to hold 100 kilos. Any ideas where I can find some? Google is letting me down :(

ladder-rungs-built-flood-wall-52390098.jpg

Any steel fabricator should be able to make you up some to suit. But no one's going to guarantee them in use as it's entirely down to the fixings and the wall. There are a lot of bolt-to-the-wall continuous ladder options available because the load can be spread better across a larger area of wall and a large part of the load can be transferred to the floor.

I'm puzzled what you mean by a "solid wood wall"? The wall is the critical component for what you describe and other than log cabins very few wooden walls could be described that way.

I'm puzzled what you mean by a "solid wood wall"? The wall is the critical component for what you describe and other than log cabins very few wooden walls could be described that way.

Funny you should say that, that's exactly the kind of wall I mean :D About 2 inches thick and with a significant weight resting on top of it.

I have a pull up bar bolted into the wall and it doesn't move with 65 kilos thrashing around on it so ladder rungs (which would be closer to the wall) should be no problem. I guess I need some that are made for concrete walls where you can guarantee the anchor.

Try searching for step-irons and see how you get on?

Try searching for step-irons and see how you get on?

Thanks - I wondered if they had a secret name :)

All the ones I can find are too industrial - designed for people wearing work boots. I need some that are more domestic.

Easy enough to make if you know a local fabricator. I would have thought something like an M12 threaded bar bolted through the wood to a rear plate would be ample.

Last edited:
Back