Ladybirds still tough with flash

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I'm still playing with diffusion and I have another plan coming together from a new associate soon. However these were taken with my current Vellum and template set up. I even had one flash head set to twice the power of the other on one photo (kinda noticeable). The last few were with old 3D printed USA made attachments - and I think like all diffusion and light on LB's the angles make it worse, or better. I have not edited any highlights individually on any of these....

I have something new to try later this week hopefully.

LBstalk01_4k_1800-X3.jpg

LBstalk02_4k_1800-X3.jpg

LBstalk05_4k_1800-X3.jpg

LBstalk08_4k_1800-X3.jpg

LBstalk06%20copy_4k_1800-X3.jpg

Paul.

Ta Les.

The last one is best - there's less "hit" on the shell.

Paul.

Yes, angles can make a big difference, and sometimes quite small changes in angle. Mind you, ladybirds are difficult from most angles. There are some rather small black ones that seem to be particularly reflective and difficult to deal with. There is a species of ant that I've been photographing quite a lot recently that have highly reflective abdomens. One of the local species of globular springtail is similarly problematic.

I've been experimenting a lot with flash arrangements to try to reduce flash reflections, with mixed results, and overall rather frustrating, sufficiently so that I've also been experimenting with different post processing approaches to at least calm down the reflections.

Last one for me too Paul, not least for the pose, well captured (y)

Back