Larger bag

Name
Harvey
Edit My Images
Yes
I`m looking for a larger bag for my gear ,ideally a shoulder bag top opening and able to fit my canon 1000d with battery grip, nifty fifty lens, 300mm zoom and flash gun and perhaps some batteries and bits and pieces has anyone got something they have and can recomend? Many Thanks

I use Kata 3N1-30 which is a rucksack come sling bag, opens both sides as well as the front, but I'd imagine that your after something like a messenger bag or something similar to a tamrac pro 8,11 maybe :shrug:

Theres been many a thread on "what bag" if you do a search on it....

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, you`ve given me some great ideas(y)

I loved my Tamrac Pro 8. Tonnes of room for a cheap price. and the quality of it was awesome!

The problem with a bigger bag is that it tends to have some empty slots when all your kit is in it, opening temptation to buy more stuff to fill the slots!

I've had a selection of LowePro bags and now use a MiniTrekker rucksack type which suits me fine, although having to take it off to get stuff out is a bit of a pain.

Have a look at a Lowepro Flipside 400AW. Very spacious, very comfortable.

I can second Oggy's suggestion, just received mine at the weekend, spacious and really comfy! Even with weight in it

My first proper bag was and still is a tamrac pro 13. It's got 2 bodies (1 gripped at present), 3 lenses, 2x converter, extension tubes, ring and main flash and all the chargers, batteries, memory cards, filters and all the other photo related stuff. And then in the front pocket I can fit either my 10" netbook or my 17" laptop depending on how strong I feel. I'ts about full to bursting tho@. The wife is getting me a few more bits for xmas and a new bag, a tamrac expedition 9x rucksack so I can fit the new stuff in as well.

Having recently bought Kata HB207, highly recommend it (if you can find one!).
You will not outgrow this bag for a long time( can hold 3 bodies and laptop);)

Back