Let's see your snowflake shots

Name
Si
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this will take off, I did have a search and didn't find many snowflake-related threads. It's something I've tried this year partially due to a lack of other things to point my camera out whilst stuck at home (and when the opportunity presents itself). Have to say I'm struggling with it TBH - this is about the best I've managed

First go at snowflakes by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

I seem to be struggling for enough magnification and also in isolating individual snowflakes to photograph. Not sure if the snow here is too wet (is that even a thing?) - It seems to be falling in clusters and the individual flakes have lost a lot of their definition by the time I spot them

Si the good shots I have seen have been on a piece of cloth probably wool or a piece of glass try searching on Flickr
I have not had chance. Snow being wet in the UK is a real issue

Si the good shots I have seen have been on a piece of cloth probably wool or a piece of glass try searching on Flickr
I have not had chance. Snow being wet in the UK is a real issue

Yes, I've seen the stuff captured on fabric or glass on Flickr, some of it is absolutely wonderful. Being near the coast we don't get a lot of snow TBH. I've stuck an old woollen glove in the garage to acclimatise in case we get any more. Reassuring to know that it might just be the 'wrong sort' of snow. I was also going to have a go at photographing frozen bubbles but I don't think it's anywhere near cold enough at present. Roll on Spring when there are lots of bugs around to photograph (and we might even be allowed out to photograph them!) :)

Back