Life from Death

Lovely!

I didn't realise you could grow these in this country?
How do you grow them?
I take it they feed themselves. :ROFLMAO:

Lovely!

I didn't realise you could grow these in this country?
How do you grow them?
I take it they feed themselves. :ROFLMAO:
Cheers.

A lot of info online suggests they are fussy or need real care, but ours just sits in a pot with half inch of water to keep its feet wet. Location, is in the bedroom window, which gets full sun (when it shows) midday onwards.
As for feeding, they look after themselves in the summer, even in winter if bugs come through the window, but if nothing is seen for a few weeks people suggest feeding them a insect. As yet we've done nothing but keep an eye on water level.
Some people even say to remove the flower as it harms the plant :thinking: Ours is still growing strong.

If you do go for one, look for reviews but my preferance is buy in person, too many are left in poor light and under watered.

Never use fertiliser.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Cheers.

A lot of info online suggests they are fussy or need real care, but ours just sits in a pot with half inch of water to keep its feet wet. Location, is in the bedroom window, which gets full sun (when it shows) midday onwards.
As for feeding, they look after themselves in the summer, even in winter if bugs come through the window, but if nothing is seen for a few weeks people suggest feeding them a insect. As yet we've done nothing but keep an eye on water level.
Some people even say to remove the flower as it harms the plant :thinking: Ours is still growing strong.

If you do go for one, look for reviews but my preferance is buy in person, too many are left in poor light and under watered.

Never use fertiliser.

Hope this helps
thank you for the information and tip about buying in person.
I will shop around locally and see what I can find.

I like this a lot, first image stands out really well against the background.
Spoiler image is nice too, never even knew they actually eat them, or do they.
Might have to get one for our house as the wife is always saying "there's a fly in the house"

I like this a lot, first image stands out really well against the background.
Spoiler image is nice too, never even knew they actually eat them, or do they.
Might have to get one for our house as the wife is always saying "there's a fly in the house"
Thank you.
The traps close to form an air tight seal, then the plant digests the prey with fluids, once complete they reopen to expose the remains, as seen in the spoiler image.

Back