Light Boxes

Name
Matt Thomas
Edit My Images
No
When I was at Focus saw some compaines that were selling little desk size light boxes. Thought they were quite good to be fair, mainly due to the size was just about right and the price was sort of okay.

Looks like this -
kaiser_slimlite_30x20.jpg

Just wondering if it's worth having a little light box for viewing 6x6, 35mm slides on and if anyone knows of some cheaper branded light boxes

Yeah, I use a jessops lightbox for 35mm, MF and LF negs - don't remember the price but they're useful to have around - I'd prefer a table-top sized one but I think that's just slightly over ambitious atm..!

But these lightboxes have more uses than to just checkout slides and negatives.

If you are into macro shoots, this can add some nice effects by having your subject on it! Of course, not so easy if your subjects are living insects :p

I have a light table and a light box, both by the same manufacturer, they are both useful for all sorts of studio based shooting, as well as viewing negs.
The table is great for "floating" small items, and the light box makes a good constant panel light.
The table is no good if you need a disappearing horizon, a product table with a curved back would be better.
Mostly, I use them both for viewing negs, if you can check your negs on a light table/box with a loupe, and know what you're looking at/for, you can save yourself wasted scanning time :)

bought one of them at focus. well worth it! cant stop looking at my slides on there

I'm sure Maplins do something similar that pops up now and again in their sale section...

I think the maplin one is just a nylon box that they call a light studio or light box but there are no lights included.

Hama do quite a reasonable range of sizes with 5500k cold lighting tubes...I've use the LP554 for some macro stuff.

Bob

Back