Lighting for Mamiya RB67

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
morning all,

this is really a lighting question but thought I would ask in here as it's probably a more relevant audience

i want to do some portraits with my RB. Having not sold it I figure I might as well get some use out of it. With slrs and the like you can just buy a flashgun and an off camera cord or trigger and you're away, but what do I need for use with the X-sync on my lenses? Can I get triggers to work with the sync socket or is it cables for me?

Also any pointers to a good starter set would be appreciated

Ta

I tested the Xsync on my hasselblad with pocketwizards and it worked a treat. Bit awkward with the trigger hanging on a wrist strap but there is no way on God's earth I'm sticking velcro to a hasselblad!

I would imagine any trigger that worked on a cable rather than hotshoe will work for you.

Hope that helps

Ali

morning all,

this is really a lighting question but thought I would ask in here as it's probably a more relevant audience

i want to do some portraits with my RB. Having not sold it I figure I might as well get some use out of it. With slrs and the like you can just buy a flashgun and an off camera cord or trigger and you're away, but what do I need for use with the X-sync on my lenses? Can I get triggers to work with the sync socket or is it cables for me?

Also any pointers to a good starter set would be appreciated

Ta

Cheapie method for fill in flash, just buy a s/h "L" bracket with short cable:-
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/img103.jpg

But I used to use cable to one flash on a stand at full power, and a trigger for other flash (at half power) on a stand....sometimes with without white umbrella.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/chris747.jpg

I tested the Xsync on my hasselblad with pocketwizards and it worked a treat. Bit awkward with the trigger hanging on a wrist strap but there is no way on God's earth I'm sticking velcro to a hasselblad!

I would imagine any trigger that worked on a cable rather than hotshoe will work for you.

Hope that helps

Ali

Why not it is only a camera after all.

Back