Lightroom Problem with DNG re-import from DXO Pure Raw.

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
I always denoise an image first if needed in DXO and up until couple days ago worked great but now when I re-import as DNG to Lightroom Classic I cannot get any selection of Object, Sky or Background, works fine on a RAW image 1st image RAW as can be seen selected object
Thanks for any help.
Russ.
No2.jpegNo1.jpeg

It's a known issue. The process version is being change to version 1 which predated all these extra tools.

Open the calibration tab and select the latest process version.

Apparently DXO released an update to fix the issue but it's still not fully resolved.

Knowing DXO they will release a fix in the next paid version.

@MichaelWPlant - Perhaps an update?

Last edited:
It's a known issue. The process version is being change to version 1 which predated all these extra tools.

Open the calibration tab and select the latest process version.

Apparently DXO released an update to fix the issue but it's still not fully resolved.

Knowing DXO they will release a fix in the next paid version.

@MichaelWPlant - Perhaps an update?
Thanks will have a look. Funny thing is when I opened DXO today got advised update available so being a good guy I updated but made no difference. Russ.

Thanks will have a look. Funny thing is when I opened DXO today got advised update available so being a good guy I updated but made no difference. Russ.

It wasn't a paid update :ROFLMAO:

I guess it depends on when you last updated.
I discovered the bug last weekend which is when I did a google search and found the info I posted above on the Adobe forum. I checked for updates but I was on the latest version. I've not checked for updates since then.

Anyway for now we just need to manually change the process version back to 6 or whatever your latest version is.

Last edited:
It wasn't a paid update :ROFLMAO:

I guess it depends on when you last updated.
I discovered the bug last weekend which is when I did a google search and found the info I posted above on the Adobe forum. I checked for updates but I was on the latest version. I've not checked for updates since then.

Anyway for now we just need to manually change the process version back to 6 or whatever your latest version is.
Thanks, that does work but it is apita as every time I get it sent back to L/R the process version reverts to ver 1 change ver 6 and works as should. Russ.

Still no fix as yet but found out that if you hit the rest button on the reimported image things work as should.

Well update released 07 Aug 24 but has not for me fixed the problem.
Russ.

Assuming you have a fairly recent version of Lightroom why not use LR denoising? Its a bit slow on my machine but does a good job.
Hi, I have Topaz denoise for images with lower ISO values but once you get into the 10,000+ (and I do as shoot a lot in woodlands) nothing compares with what DXO Pure Raw can do with high ISO's in my opinion, I have L/R Classic latest version but so slow compared to the others mentioned. Thanks, Russ.

Hi, I have Topaz denoise for images with lower ISO values but once you get into the 10,000+ (and I do as shoot a lot in woodlands) nothing compares with what DXO Pure Raw can do with high ISO's in my opinion, I have L/R Classic latest version but so slow compared to the others mentioned. Thanks, Russ.
I agree. Pure Raw does have the edge on LR and it's quicker.

Just downloaded an update, tried it, did it work? NO!!!
Un-installed DXO then reinstalled from latest version, did it work? NO.
Can actually see it changing from ver 6 to ver 1 when reimported to Lightroom.
And I thought Topaz was bad!!

Just downloaded an update, tried it, did it work? NO!!!
Un-installed DXO then reinstalled from latest version, did it work? NO.
Can actually see it changing from ver 6 to ver 1 when reimported to Lightroom.
And I thought Topaz was bad!!

Not downloaded or tested yet but according to the release notes it look like the latest PR update has addressed the reverting to V1 issue.

Don't get too excited. While they have fixed the processing version from switching back to 1, they now ignore the colour profile and put it back to Adobe Color and keep lens corrections and sharpening enabled which they used to disable to ensure you were not fixing lens distortion and sharpness twice.

DXO are truly a useless company.

Don't get too excited. While they have fixed the processing version from switching back to 1, they now ignore the colour profile and put it back to Adobe Color and keep lens corrections and sharpening enabled which they used to disable to ensure you were not fixing lens distortion and sharpness twice.

DXO are truly a useless company.
Not an expert but sounds like I may have to go back to Topaz Labs or On1 Photo Raw next time the black Friday's etc. come round. :headbang:

They fixed the problem of the version change but now have more problems in that if you for example have a preset in L/R developed module as I do for colour, lens profile and CA correction after reimport into L/R they are stripped from the file, in lens correction it will not even pick up the make and lens type. I use L/R for those instead of DXO within my Develop preset before sending to DXO but again it strips them out. :headbang:

Back