Little Egret

Name
Bill
Edit My Images
No
it's a big Little Egret - S Africa

The masking and denoise tools in LR really allow you to "save" images so that they look reasonable

TP_little_egret.jpg

Maybe it`s worth a before and after photo , or the very least the info on the settings used ? Nice photo , with lots of detail and control on the highlights anyways .

Maybe it`s worth a before and after photo , or the very least the info on the settings used ? Nice photo , with lots of detail and control on the highlights anyways .

Original image
I only had my 300mm with me plus the TC 1.4 - hand held whilst walking along the beach

1/2500 - f/6.7 - ISO250 - 0EV

surprisingly it's slightly under-exposed for a big white blob and blue sky - but image was "noisy" at ISO 250 which again is surprising
leading edge on the left wing is a slight "buff" colour, which seems to have come out more as I recovered the "white" detail - but it could be part shadow because of the birds position in flight

TP_ Little_Egret_before.jpg

Last edited:
surprisingly it's slightly under-exposed for a big white blob and blue sky - but image was "noisy" at ISO 250 which again is surprising
It's not at all surprising that a very bright scene is "underexposed"... the system adjusts to average grey.

Blue skies are almost always noisy, because only 25% of the photosites record blue centric (shadows are also primarily blue). That leaves 75% of the photosites "guessing," and they guess wrong a lot... magenta (red/blue) seems to be the primary color noise; probably due to near IR (I'm just guessing).

Looks like a little masking error on/in front of the left wing...

It's not at all surprising that a very bright scene is "underexposed"... the system adjusts to average grey.

Blue skies are almost always noisy, because only 25% of the photosites record blue centric (shadows are also primarily blue). That leaves 75% of the photosites "guessing," and they guess wrong a lot... magenta (red/blue) seems to be the primary color noise; probably due to near IR (I'm just guessing).

Looks like a little masking error on/in front of the left wing...

Thanks Steven - advice always "spot on"

Amazing what all these new enhancement programmes can bring out , you still need to know what your doing with them , mostly above me . sk66 may as well been talking some Alien language to me . :D As said the end result turned out nice .

Amazing what all these new enhancement programmes can bring out , you still need to know what your doing with them , mostly above me . sk66 may as well been talking some Alien language to me . :D As said the end result turned out nice .

Thanks

Steven is a very knowledgeable guy

I thought I better edit the leading edge of the LH wing for completeness

TP_Little_Egret_Edit.jpg

Back