Live Cam re Seals Isle of May

Superb !

Cool.

Was on the isle last year, it's a fantastic place.

Cool.

Was on the isle last year, it's a fantastic place.

Ok..we'll see if we can go there .We're going to Channonry Point next May (dolphins) and that's quite close. Should have checked first before saying that .Lol. It's 112 miles .I'm getting me Forths and Firths mixed up. :) Chanonry Point is on Moray Forth and the Isle of May is well south at the head of the Firth of Forth. My wife is from Scotland too. Ugh. So we'll leave Chanonry and on the way home stop over at Aviemore to see the Ospreys. From there to the Isle of May is 84 miles and as you say it's fantastic I'll suggest we include that too.

I can't recall how long visitors are not allowed to go onto the Isle of May at the moment but it's off limits whilst the pups are about. I feel sorry for the adult seals (that wee pup too..lol) as they really struggle to get out of the water onto the rocks and then across them but they persevere and and get to where they want to go eventually..The dark hours footafe was good too, the team showed a short clip during last night's programme.Sunset there is 1637.

I see this cam will not be recording after 9pm next Tuesday.

If you rewind todays feed nearly all the way back to the start there's a short clip of a Buzzard stealing all the food from the Fox tree stump.

Edit:- there's a far better look at the bird 1hr later, It also looks like they've nailed the food down this time too.

Last edited:
Back