Locust

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
While my mate sorts out the names of spiders I will be posting up over the next couple of days, I thought I would post up some photos of the food supplied, locusts. Very skittish things, not the easiest insect to photograph.

1... Doing a bit of a dance
Locust#1 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

2... I really wanted to do a stacked shot, but they dont stay still for more than a few seconds.
Locust#2 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

3... What I like most about the locust is the eye colour and in this particular image, the scale of fingernail-vs-locust.
Locust#3 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Thanks for dropping by

Great shots Carl(y) I like No.1 a lot! When I went to Pets at home, I saw them selling boxes and boxes full of locust for the little dragon.I always want to buy a box and photograph them but don't know what to do with them after the shoot so I didn't buy any. Glad to see yours tho :)

Great shots Carl(y) I like No.1 a lot! When I went to Pets at home, I saw them selling boxes and boxes full of locust for the little dragon.I always want to buy a box and photograph them but don't know what to do with them after the shoot so I didn't buy any. Glad to see yours tho :)
I'd never seen a bearded dragon up close, so had to stroke it, was great. I'd love to have one but the missus is not a lizard or creepy-crawly person though my kids would love it. Maybe one day! :D

Great set and the 2nd shot is the best imo, better com I would say.
Maybe put one in the fridge for a little while and see if that calms it down.:whistle:

Great set and the 2nd shot is the best imo, better com I would say.
Maybe put one in the fridge for a little while and see if that calms it down.:whistle:
Cooling it down would defiantly calm it down, it's a desert locust (Schistocerca Gregaria) it's also still a juvenile so if it lives on it will fledge again grow to about 4 inches long

Amazing eyes, good shots (y)

An interesting beast Carl. I don't recall seeing one before. I very much like #1.
You'll be glad you don't in this country, when they swarm they cause mass devastation to crops or any plant life that's in their way

Back