"Lomo" like images.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking through my recent test films that have been shot in new-to-me vintage cams, some of the random images have an appeal to me.
I think that they might qualify as "Lomo" images (generally because they are poor quality), or at least images that shouldn't have been attempted but kind of work anyway.

The track left by the mower on the way to our patch.
GrassyTrack.jpg

A very heavy neg from a (probably faulty) 35mm cam.
crop.jpg

I think the moths have been at the wind sock ! It may need darning ! I have a collection of vintage cams and think sometimes the vintage look suits the subject IE: a vintage item ( steam train being one of them), Unfortunately a lot of people seem to judge photos on their technical quality rather than how a photo makes you feel/think and cannot get beyond that. What were these shot with out of interest ?

Last edited:
I think the moths have been at the wind sock ! It may need darning ! I have a collection of vintage cams and think sometimes the vintage look suits the subject IE: a vintage item ( steam train being one of them), Unfortunately a lot of people seem to judge photos on their technical quality rather than how a photo makes you feel/think and cannot get beyond that. What were these shot with out of interest ?
Thanks for your comments... The first was from my Balda Baldamatic, c1965 rf with a "chase the needle" metering system worked by turning the one exposure control with aperture and speed combined. Seems to be so-so sharpness, exposure meter not too far off. Could be a fun cam, worth trying another film.
Second from my (very cheap) Pentax MZ30 in auto exposure mode. A few of 24 frames came out grossly overexposed...not sure what's going on there.
Third from my Cosina SLR with Tessar 50mm lens. This usually gives sharp images, this is a little soft for some reason.... camera shake maybe.
All on Fomapan 100 in old Rodinal.

Some of these cams are ridiculously cheap, but look great. It's nice to use them, but the 50s and 60's cams don't fit the "serious" photography slot.
The cams keep arriving, another Baldamatic on its way at the moment.
My current fave is the 1955 Baldina RF (meterless), but, just back from a walk in the park where I ran a few frames in it.. and at home I noticed that the aperture/shutter hadn't closed.
Went OK when fired again, but clearly not uber reliable.

Back