Macbook Air - no disk found :-(

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
So the wife has a macbook air thats ooolllld! We're having a tidy up and i thought i'd charge it and see if it's worth selling on or whatever.

It's a macbook air 13 inch early 2014 according to the serial number, problem is when starting up to try and repair the disk (as on opening its simply a folder with a ?) it cannot find the disk.
This leads me to think that disk is goosed or a connector is knackered.

Are these models able to have a new ssd Im wondering?

Less than £20 for a 128gb SSD. I have a couple at home bought a year or so back for £9.99 because it's often useful to have.

It's often handy to have a spare old laptop for holidays etc, and if it previously had a HDD it will be much nicer with an SSD.

So as an update, ended up buying a good used 128mb ssd from ebay of all places and its all working fine. It turns out apple use a proprietary connection so couldn't find one anywhere else other than apple and I wasn't prepared to bend over lol.

So as an update, ended up buying a good used 128mb ssd from ebay of all places and its all working fine. It turns out apple use a proprietary connection so couldn't find one anywhere else other than apple and I wasn't prepared to bend over lol.
I was a bit puzzled by that because some places were selling standard SSDs are being compatible but teardowns showed it was a proprietary connector so glad you've managed to get the right drive.

Back