Macros with Laowa 25mm lens

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
I thought as a new member that I had better put a few pictures on the forums. These are all macros taken with a Laowa 25mm macro lens on Olympus OMD em1 mk2 or mk3.

Dicyrtomina saundersii.

Dicyrtomina saundersi par Adrian Jones, on ipernity

Monobella grassei

Monobella grassei par Adrian Jones, on ipernity

Entomobrya intermedia

Entomobrya intermedia par Adrian Jones, on ipernity

Dicyrtomina saundersi

Dicyrtomina saundersi

Neanura muscorum

Neanura muscorum par Adrian Jones, on ipernity

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

Hi Adrian, good to see you on the forum ;)

Very nice Adrian

Excellent images Adrian, you've inspired me to get outside and try my 25mm handheld.

Thanks Footman, Its a great lens, equal to Canons MPE 65 optically but perhaps best used with an electronic view finder when hand holding.

Very nice, how did you find the Monobella grassei and Neanura muscorum? I have never seen these.

Thanks Dave, much appreciated. I find Monobella grassei to be not as common as many other species in my area. I usually find them under rotting wood or plant stems. Just have a very close look at anything that is tiny, oval or wheat grain shaped and yellow or orange in colour, they move very slowly. Neanura muscorum is also found under damp rotting wood and woody plant stems, not easy to see as they blend into their surroundings incredibly well. I put old planks of wood, slats off old fences and larger twig/branch prunings out in sheltered, damp places around the garden. They must stay damp but not saturated at all times for best results. Both species will take up residence after a week or so and can be found by turning the wood over to expose the underside, it is very easy to overlook them and does take a while to 'get your eye in!'.

Hope that helps

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thanks I do have a very pieces of wood in the garden. I doubt I can get planning permission for any more sadly.
I used to take loads of photos of centipedes which were in newspaper around plant pots but sadly the boss removed them all. (Maybe I can quickly do this before the end of winter but they will not last).
I would be surprised if I can permission for any more pieces of wood in the garden, maybe they don't like where we live? My eye is reasonably good at finding things.

Welcome Adrian, that's a really nice opening set (y)

Thanks Alby, didn't realise you were on these forums!
Yeah been on here for years, not posted much due to Ipernity problems as you must well know. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks I do have a very pieces of wood in the garden. I doubt I can get planning permission for any more sadly.
I used to take loads of photos of centipedes which were in newspaper around plant pots but sadly the boss removed them all. (Maybe I can quickly do this before the end of winter but they will not last).
I would be surprised if I can permission for any more pieces of wood in the garden, maybe they don't like where we live? My eye is reasonably good at finding things.

I think a lot would depend on how long your garden is allowed to get on with things by itself without human intervention, both of these species seem to prefer undisturbed sites where leaves are allowed to rot naturally and fallen plant stems decay in situ. Old flowering stems of plants in the carrot family that have fallen to the ground seem especially attractive to Monobella grassei, I have even found this species in the hollow interiors of the stems.
Only other way of adding more wood/creating habitat that I can think of would be to get the 'Boss' some nice, really coarse bark mulch around some of the shrubs, keeps the weeds down, helps retain moisture and provides plenty of scope for inverts to hide.

Yeah been on here for years, not posted much due to Ipernity problems as you must well know. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon.

I have only just found this site, was looking for a friendly place , seem to have found that! Ipernity now seems fixed for the time being at least, lets hope it stays that way, nowhere else is even close to host my images.

Back