Marsh Harrier

Name
Wez
Edit My Images
Yes
My first visit to the Raptor Point at Capel Fleet on the Isle of Sheppey with some lovely light today. Saw a fair few Marsh Harriers and my first ever Male Hen Harrier (no pics though).

This one is (I think) a second year male bird.

Nikon D3s,
300mm 2.8 + 1.7 TC,
1/1250,
f7.1,
220 ISO

Marsh Harrier - Male by Wez Filtness, on Flickr

He's a beauty Wez, cracking shot in great light (y)

I concur,that is lovely mate..I've only seen a harrier once this must have been some sight,looks like they were close too Wez is it cropped at all,what kind of ranges were they at mate.

ha ha your doing well on the raptors mate this year what with that osprey and all fair play

stu.

He's a beauty Wez, cracking shot in great light (y)

I concur,that is lovely mate..I've only seen a harrier once this must have been some sight,looks like they were close too Wez is it cropped at all,what kind of ranges were they at mate.

ha ha your doing well on the raptors mate this year what with that osprey and all fair play

stu.

Lovely shot,

Wow - looks like it flew right over you, Wez - great capture, with lots of detail (y)
- I only ever seem to see them as distant spots over the horizon.

Russ

Nice photo,beautiful bird.

Thank you all for your comments. Hope you all had a great Xmas?

This one was actually a fairly big crop, although a pair of Marsh Harriers did come really close a couple of times.

The original image is this one and I didn't think it was too bad for a crop with a 12mp Nikon D3S (I know, the sensor needs cleaning soon! :D ) :

WF2_2761.jpg

Will definitely head back up there when I get a chance. Unfortunately, the weather isn't looking too good before I go back to work on Tuesday!

Back