Mercedes SLS & SL65 (TopGear Test Track)

Nice shots, love the brakes smoking.Lucky man to get on track

Thanks guys.

I was invited down by one of the hosts running the event to take some snaps.

It was an awesome day and great sunny weather for the middle of October!!

Cracking set mate. The first one is ace.
#8 needs to have the sign and black thing on the grass removed I think.

Out of interest, why do you think the first shot is Ace?

I like it because the SLS looks squat as though it is being pushed hard through the corner.

Might have something to do with the angle it is shot on.

Thanks for the comments guys!

I found Gambon a hard corner to take a decent panning shot without losing focus or getting blur on the rest of the car.

It's not a high speed corner, and they weren't pro-drivers, so even with a slower shutter speed it doesn't give that full alloy blur you guys love!

I like it because the SLS looks squat as though it is being pushed hard through the corner.

Might have something to do with the angle it is shot on.

Good shot but it looks like its just plonked there, no motion in the shot, as Dal has summised the shots could have been done anywhere but on a closed race track anyone would expect some slight motion of the car............was it moving or as the pics look was it not moving

Last edited:
Not normally a fan of Mercs, but those look awesome.

I had a quick play at cheating in some more movement into #1 with PS:

mercedit.jpg

Selected the wheels and added radial blur, motion blur to the background. Not as good as the real deal obviously but what do you think?

Looks like the apex was missed by a couple of feet :D

Let me know the next time your taking a £150k car on a track for a corporate event and i'll come snap you clipping the apex! :LOL: :wacky:

Thank's for the photoshop suggestion Deckard, i agree it does give it more motion in the shot, but i didn't want to sacrifice the sharpness of the focus on the body of the car.

Back