Mini (no not the BMW one)

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
But the real thing

I'd appreciate your views on this shot, what works, what doesn't.

Mini by NnG Photography, on Flickr

thanks

Mark

Thanks Ash, I see what you mean about the framing, unfortunately there was lots of clutter around the vehicle so I had to get in tight. That said I quite like the effect it's given.

As the owner of "Tiddles", a different red Mini with a white roof, I'm afraid the tight crop just doesn't work for me either. The whole red and white gets lost against the red and white background of the garage and as Ash has said, there's not much shape to the bottom of the car.

Ah well onwards.. thanks for the honest crit both(y)

Wow you guys in Transport are a tough crowd! :LOL:

I had no control over where the car was parked as it was nose to tail with a lot of other vintage cars on display. So no control over the background, not sure how, when the sun is shining on a highly polished car you avoid all the reflections, I'd be grateful for some advice on that or is it a pp thing? :shrug:

Composition isn't great, that I could have controlled, would you suggest getting higher, I thought low down would give more impact.

Thanks for pulling it to pieces for me, helps me learn.(y)

not sure how, when the sun is shining on a highly polished car you avoid all the reflections, I'd be grateful for some advice on that or is it a pp thing? :shrug:
:

Polariser

I think low down should be fine. The car I bought last year had the similar style of pic taken (main pic on the advert) only it was more centered than yours. But depends on how it comes.

I quite like it,sort of 70's feel about the colours
Could do with another door mirror to balance it up a bit :D

Shot would have looked better if the car was on fire!! lol

Polariser

Good point, well made. I must remember to use the polariser I carry around with me more often:bonk:

I think low down should be fine. The car I bought last year had the similar style of pic taken (main pic on the advert) only it was more centered than yours. But depends on how it comes.

I quite like it,sort of 70's feel about the colours
Could do with another door mirror to balance it up a bit :D

Thanks and yes now you mention it, it does look a bit odd with just the one mirror visible.

Shot would have looked better if the car was on fire!! lol
:cautious: not a fan of classic minis or just used to their little quirks:LOL:

Back