Minolta 7000

Name
Lukas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone, my grandfather gave me his old minolta 7000 earlier and I'm getting a flash gun plus two lens' tommorow from him as well, one's a 50mm, not sure about the other! I've been wanting to play with film for a while, how is this camera?:D

Great piece of kit the 7000. It was the first "proper" camera I owned (roughly eleven years ago), and I still have it, and it's still loaded with film! One of the (if not thee) first ever cameras with AF I think, and overall build quality is incredible. Mines taken tons of knocks over the years and has even been dropped down a toilet and it still works perfectly!!

The Minolta 50mm will probably be an AF f1.7 (currently worth about £100 if it's mint!), it's a classic lens that pretty much every Sony Alpha user has/wants in their kit bag.

All the old AF fit Minolta lenses work on the new Sony DSLRs and the quality of those lenses is 1st class! Update the thread when you find out what the other lens is.......

Great piece of kit the 7000. It was the first "proper" camera I owned (roughly eleven years ago), and I still have it, and it's still loaded with film! One of the (if not thee) first ever cameras with AF I think, and overall build quality is incredible.

Yes I think it was the first auto-focus SLR (although my memory is a little fuzzy). It came out around 1986/7. We used to sell loads of them when I was in retail back then and were fine cameras. Minolta also brought out the 5000 and the 9000, the latter being the dearest of all at the time.

Right so I've just got the lens', everything's a bit dusty and dirty but a good clean will probably sort that out, one of the lens' has a chip in the focusing ring but the optics seem fine!(y)

The lens' are:
50mm f.17 and a 70-210 F4

There's no lens cap for the 50mm:( but I'm sure I can find something to use as one!

Right so I've just got the lens', everything's a bit dusty and dirty but a good clean will probably sort that out, one of the lens' has a chip in the focusing ring but the optics seem fine!(y)

The lens' are:
50mm f.17 and a 70-210 F4

There's no lens cap for the 50mm:( but I'm sure I can find something to use as one!

The 70-210mm f4 is probably the famous "beercan". It's another favourite of the Sony Alpha bunch. Mint examples sell for around the £150 mark and they sell very easily at that price! It's a very sharp lens with great colours and obviously constant f4!

Sounds like you've got a very nice film set up there, what you should add to it is a "mini beercan" which s a 35-70mm f4. Fantastic little lens which can be picked up very cheaply. Amazing quality for the money (y)

Yes I think it was the first auto-focus SLR (although my memory is a little fuzzy). It came out around 1986/7. We used to sell loads of them when I was in retail back then and were fine cameras. Minolta also brought out the 5000 and the 9000, the latter being the dearest of all at the time.

I think the first AF camera is a Konica C35 AF, a rangefinder AF. It uses a passive AF system, that needs sharp contrasty background to focus properly

Ujjwal

Nice one mate. I personally love my 7000. I inherited it from my uncle a few years back. I've always been pleased with the image quality and I am pretty sure that it is actually indestructible.

First day out with the 7000.

Road my bike down to the local harbour to try and get some nice shots of little boats bobbing on the water. Go to pull the camera out the bag annd, whooops dropped the thing 4 foot onto concrete before I'd even taken one picture with it! Luckily it seems to be build harder than a scotsman and still worked despite a few scratches and I managed to shoot off a roll of velvia 50! Taking them to be developed tommorow, lets hope they're alright!:D

Fond memories... my first SLR was a Minolta 5000, the 7000's little brother. Centre-weighted metering, program and manual modes.

The 9000 was the "pro" model, and was unique in being the only SLR with AF and a manual film advance, although of course you could get a motordrive grip for it.

A.

Soon after the 7000, Minolta brought out the Dynax 7000i i think it was and it came with scene cards that you slotted in like SD cards and the coloured cards would be readable by the camera, obviously now it's all done in-camera.
You can buy a good working secondhand 7000 for only £40.

Soon after the 7000, Minolta brought out the Dynax 7000i i think it was

I've got a 7000i too! Great camera although the cards were a bit hit and miss to be honest. Carried on the tradition of build quality though, it's built like a tank!!

I'm currently running a film through my Dynax 404, which is a lovely small film camera, can't use my crop sensor lenses on it though!!:razz:

Back