Mixed bag from a short walk

A lovely group of macro images. I am surprised you found such a wonderful mix on a short walk. You must be blessed in your location for subject matter. And, the subject matter is not wasted. Well captured by an expert photographer. Wish I were so good. Good shooting.

A lovely group of macro images. I am surprised you found such a wonderful mix on a short walk. You must be blessed in your location for subject matter. And, the subject matter is not wasted. Well captured by an expert photographer. Wish I were so good. Good shooting.
Hi frank, insects are all around us, you just have to look or know where to look, Spiders are all around us, flies too.
Damselflies are normally associated with water but not always found near water.
If you are into Macro/close-up of insects then a whole new world appears before you and you see/find them so much easier.

Jon, great set here,
1st one, great shot and nice comp/lighting
2nd one, a little tight in the frame but good non the less
the rest, Damsels/dragons are always a bugger to frame when shooting side on, normally turns out to be a letterbox type frame but the head on shot to me are always the best.

Nice sharp images. Thankyou

Thank you.

Thank you. I think I'm very far from being an expert but thanks anyway!

Hi frank, insects are all around us, you just have to look or know where to look, Spiders are all around us, flies too.
Damselflies are normally associated with water but not always found near water.
If you are into Macro/close-up of insects then a whole new world appears before you and you see/find them so much easier.

Jon, great set here,
1st one, great shot and nice comp/lighting
2nd one, a little tight in the frame but good non the less
the rest, Damsels/dragons are always a bugger to frame when shooting side on, normally turns out to be a letterbox type frame but the head on shot to me are always the best.

Thank you. I couldn't get as close to one facing head-on as I would have liked. I spooked it and t flew off when I was still a few feet away unfortunately.

Back