Mobile phone madness

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Do you lot use your mobiles to actually call people, or just send text messages?

I uses mine for messaging only, can't remember the last time I called anyone on it.

However I moved from Orange to O2 three weeks ago, and I've just been doing a bit of maths.

In only 3 weeks, I've used up my monthly allocation of 300 messages, plus another £20 worth of messages @ 10p per message, just put another £10 credit on today and its back down to £8.10.

Working it out, that means I've sent a total of 519 messages in three weeks, an average of 24.7 messages per day. :embarasse

I rarely send text messages. More replies than anything else.
I prefer to phone people.

Or ignore them :D

I'm guessing we're on the same sort of o2 deal. I can't think the last time I used all 300 text messages. But then Again, I have no friends and no social life to speak of :(

Kell is the least conversational g/f I've had in that respect. And my mates generally tend to ring if they want anything.

i never send a text and i never answer a text,
if you send me a text and want a answer, i have to pay?
if you ring me and want a answer, you pay,
simple maths really.

Madpup said:
simple maths really.

Now that my friend is fact, a little mean but still fact :D

I have a PAYG phone and it is always turned off unless I want to use it or want to be contactable. It used to be that being out of the office meant you had escaped the pressures. Mobile phones take that away - if you let them.

Not my problem now though :)

Marcel said:
I rarely send text messages. More replies than anything else.
I prefer to phone people.

Or ignore them :D

I'm the same mate, I'm more interested in the free minutes on my mobile deals as I hardly ever msg (or reply to them now that I think about it)... much to the girlfriends dissmay ;)

Can't stand mobiles. Only use mine in emergency....& texting, but sorry it's like going back to morse code !! If you've seen the documentaries on this the phone companies thought no-one would really use text....how wrong they were. Well I'm off to Andrex with the idea of using leaves ;)

Only reason I have a mobile is for folk to phone me. I usually have to dial the number to find it anyway.

I can't abide texting. I never reply so no-one bothers texting me now :)

Well mine is for emergency only. I barely ever use it to call people, never mind the text thing. Seems silly if you ask me. I probably need to update my phone with all the new ones they got out now. Alot more bells an whistles too I"m sure. I just don't understand why people are glued to them alot nowadays anyway. I do things on my time, and I don't like to just throw money away like that.

Jewel

GfK said:
Do you lot use your mobiles to actually call people, or just send text messages?

I uses mine for messaging only, can't remember the last time I called anyone on it.

However I moved from Orange to O2 three weeks ago, and I've just been doing a bit of maths.

In only 3 weeks, I've used up my monthly allocation of 300 messages, plus another £20 worth of messages @ 10p per message, just put another £10 credit on today and its back down to £8.10.

Working it out, that means I've sent a total of 519 messages in three weeks, an average of 24.7 messages per day. :embarasse

Im sure i saw orange had a text only deal for 20 quid for 3000 a month somewhere ?

Madpup said:
simple maths really.

Absolutley. :thumb:

If you answer a phone call, it tends to be job done. You communicate and it's finished. If you answer a text, all you get is another text. :D

Same here - texting is a pain :(

Much prefer to talk - quicker, simpler and you know you got through, the girlfriend is the complete opposite - txts everyone and hardly ever uses voice.

Back