Mystery berry and others

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
looks rather like a short mulberry. the ones I have seen looked rather more elongated than that, otherwise very similar. it could be a dwarf variety. they taste lovely.

You do not want to sit under a large mulberry tree when they are ripe as the ground becomes covered in them and they rain down on you at random. The stain is horrific.

Last edited:
looks rather like a short mulberry. the ones I have see looked rather more elongated than that, otherwise very similar. they taste lovely.
Yes that is right it is a black mulberry. It took 11 years to give fruit but it is really nice. If anyone has the space grow it (mine is in a pot which could be why it took so long to fruit).

Yes that is right it is a black mulberry. It took 11 years to give fruit but it is really nice. If anyone has the space grow it (mine is in a pot which could be why it took so long to fruit).
The fruit is probably short because the plant is so restricted, even pot bound. Are you going to plant it out? as they can grow into massive trees.

The fruit is probably short because the plant is so restricted, even pot bound. Are you going to plant it out? as they can grow into massive trees.
Sadly no space otherwise I would have done years ago. Having a massive mulberry tree sounds a great idea but sadly it would take moving away from London or masses of money coming to me. One would be a very big change and the other very unlikely

Back