New Lens, New watch

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quick picture I have just taken when testing out my newly acquired Canon 100mm f2.8 L Macro Lens.

The watch I got a couple of weeks ago and have been looking forward to photographing!

POSelectiveColourweb.jpg

a little underexposed? very nice watch though - quite fancy a PO.

a little underexposed? very nice watch though - quite fancy a PO.

Looks OK on my monitor? It's meant to be moody and shadowy! ;)

Sorry but I cant critique the photo, not when the subject is the watch I WANT and cant afford at the moment, the PO with Orange numbers and bezel on a black rubber strap with orange stitching..... drooool

Very nice watch, agree could do with touch more light.

Just had a look on the ipad and the white text does look a little darker than on the imac screen.

Out of interest TCR4x4 and kman, are you using calibrated or IPS monitors?

Cheers

Andy

Im using 2 calibrated IPS monitors and a non calibrated laptop.
I can check on my 24" iMac too if it helps.

Its not far off, just needs a slight lift.

Well done! On the photo, watch and lens (very jealous on that one! :p )

Looks fine to me, very nice.

Superb. Beautiful watch and nicely shot.
I think exposing it the way you did has bought out the orange nicely which is an important part of this watch.
You did well not to highlight any dust on it.
Did you blow it down with a rocket blower before you shot it or remove dust in PP?
That is one stunning Seamaster.

Cheers for the positive comments all!

Superb. Beautiful watch and nicely shot.
I think exposing it the way you did has bought out the orange nicely which is an important part of this watch.
You did well not to highlight any dust on it.
Did you blow it down with a rocket blower before you shot it or remove dust in PP?
That is one stunning Seamaster.

I just polished the watch with a lens cloth, think I was lucky to avoid any dust tbh but have used a rocket blower in the past.

TCR4X4, I'd appreciate if you could have a look on your imac screen, mine is turned up to 2 notches off brightest so that may explain it.

It does look slightly darker on the work computer (cheapo 17" Acer screen) but I do quite like the moody look it gives. I will post an edit up later on and see if it works any better. (y)

Just had a look on the ipad and the white text does look a little darker than on the imac screen.

Out of interest TCR4x4 and kman, are you using calibrated or IPS monitors?

Cheers

Andy

Using a calibrated IPS. As you got edit box checked I've done a little version of my own. Let me know if you would like me to remove it.

5408031302_a81a5dd891_o.jpg

I probably could have toned down the sharpening a bit which is OTT on some of the dial text otherwise changes I made was just to tweak up exposure, brightness and contrast, added a little vignette back in + sharpening for clarity.

Good subject, always a fan of the Seamaster. The original is a wee bit dark (calibrated using a spyder) and kmans comes out pretty good. I'm a big fan of the 100mm macro, so good combination of watches and photography ;)

Cheers for doing that Kman! It certainly looks better on the works monitor! (y)

I'll have a look at it on the iMac screen when I get home later (typically I'm working late tonight!) and try to adjust the brightness of the screen / settings so they look similar. Sort of a long winded way of monitor calibration!!

Much appreciated.

Andy

No problem its a great watch and I am after one potentially! Compositionally, next time try and get the full view of the seconds hand in the frame - as you're just a couple seconds too early.

No problem its a great watch and I am after one potentially! Compositionally, next time try and get the full view of the seconds hand in the frame - as you're just a couple seconds too early.

Ironically, I did get all of the second hand in and when cropping in a little didn't notice my mistake until I had processed it fully! :bonk:

A- will try harder next time! :D

They are a lovely watch to wear, I wanted one for a while then this one came up for sale from someone i knew and I jumped at the chance.

If you are happy buying second hand, TZ-Uk is a great place to look for them.

I am going to try and edit my version so it looks more like your edit now!

The original looks even darker on the mac than it does on the two IPS's. The edit looks pretty good on both, although there are some artifacts coming through, probably because of the sharpening a small jpg file.

Ironically, I did get all of the second hand in and when cropping in a little didn't notice my mistake until I had processed it fully! :bonk:

A- will try harder next time! :D

They are a lovely watch to wear, I wanted one for a while then this one came up for sale from someone i knew and I jumped at the chance.

If you are happy buying second hand, TZ-Uk is a great place to look for them.

I am going to try and edit my version so it looks more like your edit now!

Yeh I am on TZ. Just put a DateJust up for sale (or trade with a PO)!

Back