• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks to @ancient_mariner for the new theme. As always, shoehorns and crowbars permitted and even expected
Rules are, as before, almost the same as for the film version but slightly tweaked:

- Entries must be taken by you
- Must be taken on a digital camera of some sort (not a digital scan of a film neg)
- Must have been taken and post-processed prior to the start date of the challenge ie in this case before 7th August 2024
- Please include details of the camera, lens, and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back, and if linking to Flickr etc please leave exif available to view
- One Entry per person
- Discussion in the discussion thread rather than the Entries thread, please.
- Shoehorning and even Crowbars are positively encouraged!

Entries will close approximately two weeks after the challenge starts, at 23:59 on 21st August and voting will be open for 5 days after that. The winner gets to set the next challenge.

Entries only in this thread please

A view of the ex-RAF Liberator KH191 belonging to the Collings Foundation taxiing to stand at Livermore Airfield, California. It is tricked out to look like the well-known US plane "Witchcraft", and is now, sadly, permanently grounded.

And the connection..............

...... on September 14th 1945 my father piloted KH191 on an 18-hour non-stop round-trip operational flight (Hebrides 36) from Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) to Burma and back. And to complete the connection and close the circle.........

...... in 2019 I was fortunate enough to have a flight in the plane - what a day!

Not a gift given to many, to take a flight in your Dad's old plane!

KH191 (2) by John Liddle, on Flickr

Chains & Shackles for connecting heavy stuff, discarded at the Northampton & Lamport heritage railway yards:
20190915-Chains by Lindsay Pennell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Connections - bear with me....

So Left to Right is Finn (7) Mac (3) & Bran (5) BUT They all have the same mother AND Mac(3) is Bran's uncle

Taken on Iphone 13 Pro Max and exif is intact on flickr.

Last edited:
Entries closed last night, poll is live

Back