New old film challenge # 187. Slap, Bang Wallop, what a picture!

Select your three favourites to decide the winner!

• PeterSpencer - Lochgoilhead

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • simon ess - But which is which?

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Peter B - Directions

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • dmb - Electron Microscope

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • FishFish - Stunts, Thrills

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • ChrisR - Snow fight!

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • RaglanSurf - Bad taste

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Show us your old film shots relating to anything Slap, Bang, Wallop. Anyone got a shot of Tommy Steel?

As usual the following rules apply:

- Must be taken by you
- Must be on film
- Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.
- Discussion in the discussion thread rather than the Entries thread, please.
- Shoehorning and even Crowbars are positively encouraged!

Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person

Entries will close at 9pm, 4th. August (sorry for the short notice, I'm off to Scotland for a few days) and voting will open for 3 days after that.

Entries only here please, discussion thread is https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/, Sorry, missing link?

No, more probably FP3 or FP4 rather than HP3. I didn't have a flash and took this after a countdown from the other photographer, couldn't have times it better. Luckily he was using a slow burn flashbulb.

Last edited:
Electron Microscope (magnifier)

ElectronMicroscope_1974
by D M Bloor, on Flickr

I built this in the school darkroom for my A level Science project in 1974. This is scan of a print I used to illustrate my write up, taken using flash with my Lubitel 2 on Kodak film. This beast did make a good bang and packed a heck of a wallop when I reached out to touch the main electrode having forgotten to ground the 5000V charge

Snow fight!

CB70B33_Adj  Snowfight.jpg

Taken on the Vitosha mountain just outside Sofia in Bulgaria while I was working there for 4 months in early 1970. Andrew on the left, Richard on the right, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the guy in the middle (these 3 were ICL System 4 experts on the team; I was the resident applications expert and team leader, for my sins).Taken on FP4 (not the current Plus version) with my little Werra 1, Tessar 50/2.8 lens. Guessed exposure.

Flash, bang, wallop!!!

Bad taste progressive dinner, Walthamstow 1990ish. OM1n, unknown film.

ProgressiveDinner 13.jpg

RaglanSurf is our clear winner this time. Congratulations and over to you.

Last edited:
Nevertheless, dmb, the poll has now, finally finished. I think there is enough evidence at this time to point to RaglanSurf as the clear winner, I voted for him!

Should I ever be allowed to conduct this challenge again, I will be more attentive.

This really would have benefited from one of Brian's mega flash shots! I think many of us will still have spots from that particular monster!
That was in my mind too, the forum is a sadder place without him.

Back