• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter B

Double Numpty
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Post your shot of anything related to "Holiday memories". Home or away, summer or winter, weekend or fortnight, family, friends or strangers, but memorable for you for some reason. Of course shoehorning is positively encouraged!

As usual the following rules apply:

- Must be taken by you
- Must be on film
- Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.
- Discussion in the discussion thread (link below) rather than this Entries thread, please.

Please include details of the camera, lens, film etc and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person only.

Entries close at midnight on Friday 23rd August 2024, to be followed by the poll which will run for 3 days.

Please keep all discussion and comments in the "new old film discussion thread" - https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/page-20

Beinn Eighe from Liathac, Torridon, NW Scottish Highlands. I've tramped both ridges end to end a few times in both directions. Lots of quartzite in this picture! Unusually, it's not raining.

Nikon FM2n with 85mm Nikkor. Superia slide film, lab devved & home scanned using Nikon Coolscan LS2000.

Film original; late 1990's. Scan: early 2000's.

liathac-01.jpg

Last edited:
Selfie on holiday, Hotel Le Marianna, St. Cast, days away from my music theory exam so doing a bit of revision fueled by Gitanes fags and a bottle of Ricard.

Camera most likely a Yashica FR1, lens?, film Fujichrome almost certainly. Can't remember how I managed to set the camera up, I have a feeling it was balanced very precariously on a light fitting above the table.

1723890954021.jpeg

I passed the course although I didn't do well in the exam (are you surprised by my revision method?). I was saved by my coursework.

Last edited:
Venice - moored gondolas Manipulated.JPG

Venice view in evening light. Taken around 2010-14 on Contax G2, 35-70 lens and probably on Fuji Sensia film.

I anticipated few would be travelling to the Middle East during the first Gulf War, so headed off to Egypt for a Christmas break. Oasis hopping through the Western Desert with excursions to Luxor, Aswan & Abu Simbel. I can't now remember exactly which temple this one was taken in

Canon A1, FD28 f2.8 on Kodachrome 64, my film of choice:
53931217105_faa77bfe02_b.jpg

From all of 40 years ago this month, a self timer shot of me (with eyes closed!) with late friend Sue and her brother at the top of Stac Pollaidh in Assynt, after they had cajoled me into climbing it. Not the start of a love affair with hillwalking, and a rubbish view due to low cloud. Konica FC-1 with whatever print film I was shooting at the time.

2019-02-16-0012-copy.jpg

Entries now closed and I'll get the poll up later today.

Poll now added and closes in 3 days, which is 5.28 on Tue 27th.

Time's up and it's many congratulations to newcomer @John Barry on his successful entry to this challenge. It now falls to John to come up with a new topic and set the challenge up, with copy & paste of previous ones a decent starting point. ;)

Back