• excalibur2 - "Denham Methodist Church"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • droj - "Disused Barn"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit My Images
No
Post your shot of anything related to being "Abandoned". Industrial, housing, vehicles, boats, sundry anything really that looks like there's little use for it anymore. (I couldn't see this title has been used before)

As usual the following rules apply:

- Must be taken by you
- Must be on film
- Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.
- Discussion in the discussion thread (link below) rather than this Entries thread, please.

Please include details of the camera, lens, film etc and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person only.

Entries close at midnight on Friday 6th September 2024, to be followed by the poll which will run for 3 days.

Please keep all discussion and comments in the "new old film discussion thread" https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...discussion-thread.698995/page-21#post-9521968

Must be the smallest methodist church (that was used for a while) in the country..... now sold to a private buyer who doesn't care it being overgrown with ivy or falls down :rolleyes:
This is how it looks now in similar street view:-
My shot 13 years ago:-
wG1pylt.jpg

A disused barn & shippon taken on Superia 200 with my Nikon FM2n. Lab-developed, home scanned, followed by mono conversion in Photoshop.

I remember haymaking being done in the surrounding fields when the only motive power was a single carthorse, and eight cows being milked by hand in the shippon (the lean-to part of the building facing the camera).

But the dairy industry was to go on to be ever more industrialised with ever larger herds, and the above would come to seem in retrospect like a golden age.
s200.jpg

Last edited:
Abandoned bike at Chaillac

Velo Perdu.jpg

Contax RTS, Yashica ML 42-75, Fuji Superior 200 developed & scanned 16th of this month.

Last edited:
My apologies to Peter Spencer for his image which should be titled "Abandoned Boat"

Thanks, the benefits of having a pocket film camera!

I'll get my thinking cap on...

Back