Next move... stick with Canon or move to Sony?

Thanks to all for the advice.

Decision made...

I was just browsing t'internet and noticed that Clifton Cameras had three MKII R6s for £1,999 (that's each, not for all three).

I was going to wait until next month as I thought I'd have the money for a SH one as I will have been in my current role for 20 years and am expecting a little bonus.

But it seemed like too good a deal to miss.
I hope that's for new, the price has just dropped.

https://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk...Cameras/Canon-EOS-R6-Mark-II-Camera-Body-Only

It is new, yeah.

Was comparing that to MPB 'Like new' at £1998 for a MKII or £1799 for MKI.

I hadn't seen it that price elsewhere, so was unaware of a blanket price drop. But either way, the money i was expecting to pay for a very good SH MKI, I've got a new MKII.

The only slightly frustrating thing is that the Canon EF-EOS R adapters are out of stock everywhere.

Last edited:
It is new, yeah.

Was comparing that to MPB 'Like new' at £1998 for a MKII or £1799 for MKI.

I hadn't seen it that price elsewhere, so was unaware of a blanket price drop. But either way, the money i was expecting to pay for a very good SH MKI, I've got a new MKII.

The only slightly frustrating thing is that the Canon EF-EOS R adapters are out of stock everywhere.
Jessops?

WEX Norwich

Last edited:
Thanks for the links - I tried Wex earlier and they said they had none.

Chatted to a Canon rep on the Park website and he reckoned maybe 4-6 weeks.

None available direct from Canon either.

In the end I went with Jessops as they had free delivery and I already had an account.

Last edited:
In the end I went with Jessops as they had free delivery and I already had an account.

Wished I hadn't.

Took delivery of a package today with two memory cards in it and not my convertor. Completely the wrong order including the wrong invoice with another customer's name and address on it.

I'd sort of forgotten that this happened last time. I ordered a lens from them and they claimed that because it was on Finance it had to be signed for. But that didn't happen, they just left it outside the house. Not only that, but the tracking number they provided showed someone else's order in Scotland.

Now they're saying that they won't send out the adapter or issue a refund until they've assessed the claim, then received the incorrect item back.

I paid extra for the delivery of the camera so it arrived today and I could use it. Camera's here, but I can't use it.

Absolute jokers.

Last edited:
Update - After making a complaint, Jessops Customer service have promised to send me the adapter tomorrow.

And I don't need to wait until the other one's picked up to receive it. Pretty poor that I had to complain and leave a s***ty TrustPilot to get a resolution though.

Back