Nikon Z* mirrorless

As I said, the focus confirmation is the strength of the red (or blue, or whatever) peaking. When you’re used to it you don’t need a little arrow. In fact, it’s so good that I prefer it to auto-focus (On real lenses, that is. Not fly-by-wire).
I love it, so easy to use, I even felt comfortable enough to use the Voigtlander at a low light music gig.

New Toaster arrived today - the 40mm f2 "kit" lens is really good - and the Nikon sensor

Zf - 40mm f2 SE - ISO 640

TP_Toaster_1.jpg

TP_Toaster_2.jpg

Last edited:
So many of use have Zf, I wonder how many Nikon sold so far...
I moved from Sony to Nikon when Zf came out and ordered one, so don't know how Nikon is popular, but I don't think Sony had a model like this that so many pople bought it.
Maybe a7c when it came out years ago, but don't think on same scale as Zf :)
I often wonder how many more they would sell if there were more lenses with an aperture ring. The lenses are the one thing stopping me from jumping ship from Sony as well. The Sigma Contemporary range seems a great match for the Zf.

Despite having had the Z7ii for a year now, I today found out that not only does it have 46MP, I was also reminded it has a touch screen! Just shows how much attention I pay to specs and stuff like that, I thought it had something like 40MP :D
You haven't lived until you've accidentally taken a shot with your nose on the touch screen not realising it was turned on.....

You haven't lived until you've accidentally taken a shot with your nose on the touch screen not realising it was turned on.....
That may well explain the existence on my memory card of some photographs that I don’t recall taking………

Last edited:
I was using the Z6 and then Z6ii from they came out and then changed to the z8 2 weeks ago. Loving it so far. The eye autofocus is some kind of witchcraft!

_DSC3360-Edit by Philip Blair, on Flickr

_DSC2425-Edit-Edit by Philip Blair, on Flickr

_DSC1387 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

_DSC1152-Edit by Philip Blair, on Flickr

_DSC0569 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

_DSC0351 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

_DSC0225 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

Last two images of the swan are really good. The low angle really gives something extra to the images.

excellent photos, especially the last two. The focus doesn't seem quite on with nos. 3 and esp. 4, though? I imagine if eye detect was used with 4, it might have had a problem finding the eye.

a couple of shots from the back garden, my favourite subjects, well they used to be

first time out with the Zf plus the 500PF Nikon - I think that I still prefer an optical VF ........ but that may change as I get used to the camera

f5.6 - the light was OK but the sun was directly on the bird - obviously they are cropped images

TP_Dunnock_1.jpg

TP_Dunnock_2.jpg

Last edited:
gave the Zf a try this morning with the Nikon 600mm f4

Dullish, with light behind the bird but still blowing the highlights around the edges, (is there an exposure setting to control the highlights as there is on the D850)

could be sharper but that's me and a user error

crop but I got a little nearer today - but do not want to disturb them as they are building a nest

TP_Dunnock_3.jpg

TP_Dunnock_4.jpg

Last edited:
Back