Northern Lights, Shetland

ah cool my mate lives at brae but he didn't get any pics. Was also visible at Whitley bay apparently

I'm so jealous. The northern lights is something I've always wanted to see, but I live too far south to have any realistic prospect.

Also, nice to see what the Canon s95 can do (as I've just bought one :))

[Spent some more time admiring this and now have a comment] Have you considered cloning out the telegraph pole on the left?

Last edited:
Wow, I'm envious, its something I have always wanted to see, a lovely image (y).
I am going to Sweden later this year but have no idea if we'll be in the right area or even if they can be seen from there, some research is called fror I think. Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks all:) Hopefully there'll be more opportunities soon - now I know what settings to use I might manage to get a few shots before my fingers have gone numb. Canon S95, in the dark, with cold fingers is a little bit fiddly:LOL:

I'm so jealous. The northern lights is something I've always wanted to see, but I live too far south to have any realistic prospect.

Also, nice to see what the Canon s95 can do (as I've just bought one :))

[Spent some more time admiring this and now have a comment] Have you considered cloning out the telegraph pole on the left?

Hi,

Hadn't really considered doing anything to it - if I get another chance I'll choose a different location if possible.

You'll enjoy your S95 - I take mine everywhere:)

John

Takes me back as I work in the Shetlands from 1980-81. Thanks for sharing.

Back