Wild Not a Robber

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I initially thought this was a Robber Fly but it's not. Having checked with the Collins Guide it appears to be Empis Digramma. Every day is a school day.:)

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/nQZery']

[/url]

Last edited:
Looking at these on my phone they seem to need some blues pulling back in as overly yellow. Composition and focus spot on and overall a great set.

But looks like you have had a good day.

Nice shots I have some of the so an id would help.
Colour looks OK to me on my tablet.

Last edited:
Not seen one of these before. Funny looking thing. I think Bryn has a point re: the colour cast, but it seems to me a result of the lighting. If you look at the third one, the flower in the background seems to have caught the flash full on, but the subject looks to be in shadow. I think I read you were using a ring flash, so could it be over shooting the subject at higher magnifications?

It's a bit confusing as your hoppers looked good in your other thread. Not sure what's gone on here but it might warrant some lighting tests if you get some time.

Not seen one of these before. Funny looking thing. I think Bryn has a point re: the colour cast, but it seems to me a result of the lighting. If you look at the third one, the flower in the background seems to have caught the flash full on, but the subject looks to be in shadow. I think I read you were using a ring flash, so could it be over shooting the subject at higher magnifications?

It's a bit confusing as your hoppers looked good in your other thread. Not sure what's gone on here but it might warrant some lighting tests if you get some time.

I was dikking about with yellow diffusers and mixing and matching them with white ones. These were the first of the day and I ditched the yellow ones soon after I took these.:)

I thought it was the same as this but the tail (is that correct) is different.

Unknown-fly by alf.branch, on Flickr

Looks very similar to me Alf, but look at the difference in stripes on the back. Your one has a single stripe whereas Brash's looks to have two. Suspect they are related but different species (unless there is a difference between genders).

I was dikking about with yellow diffusers and mixing and matching them with white ones. These were the first of the day and I ditched the yellow ones soon after I took these.:)
Ah that explains it. Stop dikking around! ;)

Back