Notch Horned Cleg

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Don't get this close - she might bite... the hated Horsefly... (Notch horned Cleg)...

HFly1.jpg

HFly2.jpg

HFly3-X2.jpg

Paul.

3 lovely shots of this beast Paul, you did well, the eyes for me m8.

Great shots. One of these monsters bit me last week whilst camping and drew blood. It's a good job they're not any bigger!

Great shots. One of these monsters bit me last week whilst camping and drew blood. It's a good job they're not any bigger!

I have seen a lot that were double the size of this little one!

Paul.

As an animal it's very good at what it does, so you have to admire it to some extent, particularly when you see those colours close-up. As a potential blood donor, once one of those locks onto you as a target it's either you or it, as they never seem to give up once they've found you! So far this year it's about 6 nil to me, and I'm hoping to keep it that way, for both our sakes!

Lovely photos and I hope you weren't on the menu. (y)

Excellent shots, Paul. For me number 2 is the best, but all are great.

As an animal it's very good at what it does, so you have to admire it to some extent, particularly when you see those colours close-up. As a potential blood donor, once one of those locks onto you as a target it's either you or it, as they never seem to give up once they've found you! So far this year it's about 6 nil to me, and I'm hoping to keep it that way, for both our sakes!

Agree, Mr B. I have a great liking for clegs. Who couldn't like something with eyes like those? For me its about 5 nil to the clegs so far - I went out without any Smidge on and they had a field day:)

Dave

These little blighters give you a nasty bite!! Your pictures bring out the evil in these little pesks. Great detail!!

"Excellent" photography.(y)

George.

I agree about their bite. I don't think anyone could be unaware if they have been bitten by a cleg - subtle is not in their dictionary.

I count myself lucky that other than the bite I have no reaction to them, unlike Mrs Tringa who comes out in itchy lumps when they bite her.

Dave

Nicely shot beast Paul
I saw a lot of these things at the weekend and managed to avoid being bitten

Back