Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

FFordes have one for £849 LINK
@jakeblu Steve, Ffordes are very reliable suppliers and part exchangers of previously loved camera gear (and brand new gear) in my direct experience for what that's worth.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, £850 is probably a little out of my reach at the moment so the search for a MKII continues.

I've just been re-editing some old photos as I was a bit heavy handed in the past, I particularly like these from NYC.
Edit: Unfortunately TP is crippling the sharpness (as usual), maybe best viewed on flickr.

PC014313 by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

PC014306-Edit by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

Two great photos of the big Apple. Great colours in the sunset. Where were you standing when you took the second? I am thinking back to my visit but I am struggling for a suitable vantage point for that shot.

Two great photos of the big Apple. Great colours in the sunset. Where were you standing when you took the second? I am thinking back to my visit but I am struggling for a suitable vantage point for that shot.
Thanks very much, both were taken from the 'balcony' on the Top of the Rock. If my memory serves me right there's a gap in the glass wall that's just big enough to fit the Olly lens through.

We were very lucky with the colours, although we should have been at the top 45 mins earlier to catch the sunset but it was chaos and we got there just after the sun had set.

I have taken a couple of movies on the OM-1 and want to trim/edit them a little but none too sure whether Windows 10 has an inbuilt tool to do it?

NB my copy of Vegas Movie Maker does not recognise the .MOV files.

It has been ages since I worked on a video on my PC, do well out if date on what can be done with the .MOV files

Ideally(?) I would like to transcode them to a more web friendly MP4 file type.

TIA for the needed insights:)

Last edited:
I’ve recently bought a mk4 em-10, purely for its diminutive stature instead of another Rx100. Although it’s a bit bigger than an RX100 it’s smaller than my mobile phone at least ‘sans’ lens.

I have been very impressed with it so far. Perhaps I haven’t had great expectations but I also own a D850 with some very nice lenses and I’m still impressed by the EM-10. I bought the 12-45 F4 pro as a one lens solution.

I then bought the 17 1.8 to give me a small camera again! Naturally I needed to pair it with the 45 1.8 and I ended up wishing I’d just bought an Rx100 as I can’t get GAS with that!

Just don’t mention the 75 1.8, truly exceptional:cool:

Just been looking at the 75mm f1.8 looks a cracking lens.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, £850 is probably a little out of my reach at the moment so the search for a MKII continues.
Be carefull with your search Steve , the mkii suffered from the grips detaching if you have greasy skin , and ones I have looked at s.h online see to suffer from this a lot … it appears to have been sorted on the mkiii as mine is fine .. the OM1 has effected prices enormously so there are super deals to be found if you look round put the em1x in to your search criteria as well . But your best option is to buy private as having to offer warranty puts up dealer prices

Just been looking at the 75mm f1.8 looks a cracking lens.
It is a great lens. I’ve found it really useful for gig photography in low light.

The only downsides I think are the lack of focus clutch and the focus throw - it takes a lot of turns to go from near to far.

The only other downside for me is that mine is silver and I wanted black :ROFLMAO: I bought mine second hand.

I’ve recently bought a mk4 em-10, purely for its diminutive stature instead of another Rx100. Although it’s a bit bigger than an RX100 it’s smaller than my mobile phone at least ‘sans’ lens.

I have been very impressed with it so far. Perhaps I haven’t had great expectations but I also own a D850 with some very nice lenses and I’m still impressed by the EM-10. I bought the 12-45 F4 pro as a one lens solution.

I then bought the 17 1.8 to give me a small camera again! Naturally I needed to pair it with the 45 1.8 and I ended up wishing I’d just bought an Rx100 as I can’t get GAS with that!

Just don’t mention the 75 1.8, truly exceptional:cool:
The Olympus cameras are great, I've run one alongside full frame for a long time. I'm not sure the EM10 is smaller than a phone though, maybe in length but not overall bulk (y)

Be carefull with your search Steve , the mkii suffered from the grips detaching if you have greasy skin , and ones I have looked at s.h online see to suffer from this a lot … it appears to have been sorted on the mkiii as mine is fine .. the OM1 has effected prices enormously so there are super deals to be found if you look round put the em1x in to your search criteria as well . But your best option is to buy private as having to offer warranty puts up dealer prices
.... *cough* .... @jakeblu Steve, I would be open to selling my E-M1X (unused since March this year). Any purchase would need to be transacted via the TP Classifieds or Wanted threads rather than in this thread. [FAO @Cobra].

Last edited:
first shot from my 10 days away in Dorset , and even though the weather didn't play ball I still have more than a few shots to plough through . heres a cormorant allowing a closer than normal approach for me . will be posting some later this week from a day out with a local boy racer LOL
birds eye view by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Thanks Jeff, I have noticed that on some for sale it says peeling grips. Can't say I had a problem with my EMII but I'll certainly watch out for it with my next one.

first shot from my 10 days away in Dorset , and even though the weather didn't play ball I still have more than a few shots to plough through . heres a cormorant allowing a closer than normal approach for me . will be posting some later this week from a day out with a local boy racer LOL

Shows the colour of the eye really well.

Thanks Jeff, I have noticed that on some for sale it says peeling grips. Can't say I had a problem with my EMII but I'll certainly watch out for it with my next one.
There's an Australian 3D printed replacement. It isn't as grippy as the rubber, and not as black, but is a very good replacement.

After many phone calls this morning, I can now go out and totally chill out. Taking the OMD5 III with the 12-40mm pro.
Good to hear that Dave. Enjoy your day.

.... That is absolutely superb! That green eye is iridescent!

I agree with Robin - the eye colour especially with the yellow in contrast, is fabulous. Nature captured beautifully.

Wow that's pretty amazing Jeff, handheld too.

This horse-fly looked in a bad way, I reckon someone had whacked it. Taken with the OM-system Om-1 and the Olympus 60mm Macro lens using in camera focus stacking with 10 shots.

Badly Damaged Horse-fly_ by Ajophotog, on Flickr
I saw this on the phone last night and thought it pretty amazing but seeing it in all its glory today on the laptop its blown me away, well done that man.

The search for a M1 MKII continues, if anyone is thinking of upgrading pop along to my wanted thread :)

The search for a M1 MKII continues, if anyone is thinking of upgrading pop along to my wanted thread :)
One of my E-M1II has a little bit of peeling and has for over a year the other is fine.
They are not for sale though as they do what I need.

Has anyone found good video settings on the om-1 yet ? I’m finding the continuous af is just drifting off on its own.
No idea I don't own an OM1.
Is this for people, animals or other?
Have set the face/eye detect?

No idea I don't own an OM1.
Is this for people, animals or other?
Have set the face/eye detect?
AI detect off. Just on C-AF been on insects with both 100-400 and 60mm macro.
I think i need to experiment more with the focus speed settings. I think i have it on the lowest speed at the moment to try and keep it from doing an abrupt change of focus which looks quite jarring on video.

Back