OM zoom

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Helen and I went up to Lichfield and took our cameras to the cathedral. Whilst there we had a bit of a mess and Helen had loads of trouble with the zoom that she got with her OM10. I would like to pick her up another zoom in the sort of 70-200 ish range (preferably if at all possible something like an f2.8). Does anyone have any ideas what I whould be looking for? I take it that any OM10 lenses will also work on the OM1 as it looks like she may well be getting one of those soon too.

I have an OM telephoto if you're interested.
It's a Vivitar 200mm prime.

It's yours for what it costs to post, as I said, if you want it, as I have no use for it tbh.
I don't have an OM camera and buying an OM camera for the sake of a lens isn't that good an idea.

Wow thank you VERY much. That is really really good of you thanks.

NP, you can paypal gift it to me when I work out shipping costs. Probably around a fiver :)

A donation to TP wouldn't go amiss too ;)

Just PMd you !

I will sort out a donation too.

Do you use PS or PSE? If so have a free registration to my Script Writer too :)

I have PS CS3, I don't know what you're script writer is! What does it do?

Click on the word HERE in my signature :)

They are scripts that allow you to add personalised borders, resize, add logos, watermarks, drop shadows, tryptiches (and panels of any size), split photos and do all these things in a batch. Just take a look and the registration to you is FREE.

Once again thanks.

Helen and I went up to Lichfield and took our cameras to the cathedral. Whilst there we had a bit of a mess and Helen had loads of trouble with the zoom that she got with her OM10. I would like to pick her up another zoom in the sort of 70-200 ish range (preferably if at all possible something like an f2.8). Does anyone have any ideas what I whould be looking for? I take it that any OM10 lenses will also work on the OM1 as it looks like she may well be getting one of those soon too.

Dunno about f2.8, but two zooms that are very good and still going cheap :-

Kiron 80-200 f4
Tamron 46a 70-210 f3.5/f4

The Zuiko 75-150/4 isn't bad. In fact most Zuiko lenses are good.

...and yes, your OM lenses will work on the OM1.

The Zuiko 75-150/4 isn't bad. In fact most Zuiko lenses are good.

...and yes, your OM lenses will work on the OM1.

Cheers, I just wanted to make sure. I will be getting an OM10 myself in the next month as part of a swap but Helen will probably end up with it. I need to find her a nice new leather case too. Plenty on ebay so I will look there after next month

**I will be getting an OM10**

The OM20 is a better camera and just as cheap, it corrected all the OM10's faults. Could have picked one up with Olympus 75-150 zoom for £15 at a boot sale, it worked perfectly.

**I will be getting an OM10**

The OM20 is a better camera and just as cheap, it corrected all the OM10's faults. Could have picked one up with Olympus 75-150 zoom for £15 at a boot sale, it worked perfectly.

My wife wanted an OM10 as a nostalgia thing!

The OM10 I am getting is from my nephew. He has gone digital. I have a couple of 10" guitar speakers, speaker posts, handles, spray glue, leather covering, cover pieces etc etc spare in the attic so we are doing a swap! That OM20 would have been nice. I am getting right into film now and really enjoying it. I like the Nikons myself and it it great sticking a modern lens on an old camera or vice versa.

My wife wanted an OM10 as a nostalgia thing!

The OM10 I am getting is from my nephew. He has gone digital. I have a couple of 10" guitar speakers, speaker posts, handles, spray glue, leather covering, cover pieces etc etc spare in the attic so we are doing a swap! That OM20 would have been nice. I am getting right into film now and really enjoying it. I like the Nikons myself and it it great sticking a modern lens on an old camera or vice versa.

Well as things are so cheap, I have a new hobby (besides taking photos) of playing with cameras I couldn't afford in the past and searching for hidden gem lenses.

Nikon L35ad & EM, Canon AV1, T70 & T90, Minolta X-700, Pentax S3, Practica MTL3, Konica Autoreflex TC, FT-1 & C35, Olympus Om10 & 20, Bronica Etrs, Mamiya RB67 pro AND drum roll:- a Sony DSC-P92
.........past gear Tele Rollieflex and Rollei SL66.
Loads of lenses but nothing extra special.

If you get an OM10, see if they have the manual 'adapter' to change speed. If not, you can pick them up for £10.

The real ones to get are the OM1n and the OM2n - the later ones are good but they're too sought after. I will warn you ...once you look through that massive viewfinder you'll never quite be satisfied with other cameras.

I have an OM telephoto if you're interested.
It's a Vivitar 200mm prime.

It's yours for what it costs to post, as I said, if you want it, as I have no use for it tbh.
I don't have an OM camera and buying an OM camera for the sake of a lens isn't that good an idea.

Got the lens today - thanks VERY much Sean!!! I'll hopefully get a chance to check it out tomorrow. Darren's just waiting for the bank details from one of the mods to make a donation to TP. Thanks heaps again! :ty::woot:

£10 Donation made, would have been made earlier but I was waiting for the paypal address.

Once again thanks.

I have the pleasure of being able to confirm the aforementioned donation to TP's running costs, it's a most generous gesture and I speak on behalf of us all here at TP when I say THANK YOU, it's much appreciated.

Back