On the shelf

Nice simple image. :)

Very nice floral style capture Gav, lighting to keep the shadow works very well with this pic'.

Very nice, but for me the blue tint doesn't quite work... it's more analogous than complimentary/contrasting. I think it works better if you maximize both the monotone (B&W) contrast and the color contrast that exists for a bit "starker" effect. Almost like a natural "selective color"...

Untitled-1.jpg

I also edited the refraction in the shadow... doing that in camera would be near impossible (if not entirely).

Last edited:
Very nice, but for me the blue tint doesn't quite work... it's more analogous than complimentary/contrasting. I think it works better if you maximize both the monotone (B&W) contrast and the color contrast that exists for a bit "starker" effect. Almost like a natural "selective color"...

View attachment 428179

I also edited the refraction in the shadow... doing that in camera would be near impossible (if not entirely).
Thank you, Steven, I didn't notice the blue tint at posting, I should have walked away for a bit before finishing, I had trouble with Flickr changing brightness on upload too, I will check a few things when I'm next on the laptop.

Thank you for the edit, it makes a differance, I will keep this in mind for next time and will have a go at re-working this one.

Thank you for taking the time to edit and give feedback, much appreciated Steven (y)

Back