One Vision Imaging delivery

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
No
I placed an order for a large framed print from OVI through Zenfolio on the 5th. All information I could find on their website indicates that delivery would be by courier service the next working day. I left it a couple of days and contacted them to be told that framed prints take a little longer in production and mine would be dispatched probably around Friday.
Just had the e-mail to confirm that it has been dispatched...6 working days to get it out.

In the mean time I have had to notify a customer whose prints that I ordered at the same time and indicated would be with them within a couple of days that they would take longer (normally use DSCL and get within a day or two).

I'm not particularly happy about paying £8.80 for delivery and it taking this length of time. Am I expecting too much or is this about normal from OVI or framers in general?

A framed print is not like a print......there are other process' to undertake.

As for the delivery - £8.80 yet you state not what the size is, have you tried driving to Coventry and back again for £8.80?

I've only recently, since setting up with Zenfolio, starting offering framed prints and this is my first sale. It was the lack of completion times anywhere on the site that threw me, the only information I can find relates to delivery times. It isn't a surprise that it would take a little longer which is why I left it a few days before my initial enquiry to them but I thought 6 days to ship was pushing it.

Bespoke wall art will always take longer to complete Carl, it depends on the company but lead times will differ. I don't think 6 days is pushing it, far from it. I always advise clients that products take around 14-21 days for the manufacturing process, better to under promise and over deliver especially at this time of year.

I have used ovi for years and all I will see is good things come to those that wait

Fair enough...that's why I asked the question. I'm not used to it taking as long but have never ordered this type of product before. I wrongly assumed the delivery information on their site included production. I will set customers expectations better next time. Thanks for the responses

By the way, have you contacted OVI? They would have been my first call if I had a problem.

Back